Thread: The Luckiest unlucky Barbarian

Default The Luckiest unlucky Barbarian

Currently running a ME Barb as i enjoy getting that Mithril 2h heir gift and wrecking face. found a pool early in the PC and was granted Tele Control Lucky and See Invis. figured i stop there. the next level yet another pool figured why not. get beer blood cools and a wish, used for RDSM, one more sip for good measure "You feel bold at the thought of danger". Yep Im done. continue on clear out puppy cave managing to not only kill Raider Lord but also save a little girls lost puppy. move through rest of early game very uneventfully stumble across a mixed vault in UC and back away slowly scary things inside. still looking for a way to id my gear no scrolls of ID yet. precrown at the bottom of UC on a lawful alter and get potion belt from my chuckling god. ME down sides start making my way over to CoC and down to dwarftown still looking for any way to ID my gear. drop weapon stock piles on alters and equip what i can. swap out the 2h for an adamantium long sword of mayhem and a shield and continue trekking along. make it to dwarftown still nothing special. quest to kill a dark orc this should be fun they have been scarce so far. literacy is hard stuck at 49 try reading a few scrolls to boost it up get scroll of amnesia for my troubles. finish up pyramid and griffyard and the rest of drawftown quest finally read a scroll and get select and item to identify. select a random potion hoping to start drinking my stats up. you identify the shiny potion as a potion of exchange. blast it was cursed oh well moving on poke around a little trying to find another scroll that i can bless and learn some things. still nothing. move on to mid game stuffs start out with dark forge clear out slowly best weapon atm is my untrained big punch or SoSharpness. find another RDSM waiting for me and a cache of truly worthless weapons drop everything at the entrance save the staff of levitation and make my way to the ice queen. get jarl quest and start my decent and am greeted with "you feel a surge of power". sure why not games been epic so far lets go find it. poke around killing giants with impunity still no guardian. dark room in the middle of the level is only place left to check well this should be fun. manage to kill the guardian and pick up my reward non other then executioner.
    In short
    1 cursed scroll of ID
    2 phase daggers
    1 surge
    1 wish
    lots of intris from pool
    RNG gods are laughing at me right now
    ps spent about 30 turns running circles around a gorgon in the dark that never decided to breathe on me *face palm*

Not sure if you know this but just in case, spoilers:
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 01-24-2019 at 02:51 PM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Isn't Luuk'Sort available (surely get some water there) ? What version are you playing ?
    edited
    Just realised this comment has not been thought through properly, please ignore

Note to self - must think first then write
    Last edited by Rostelle; 01-24-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Too bad as a mist elf all your purchases cost 10 times more and all your sales get you 10 times less gold! You may be able to purchase a scroll in theory only unless you find some dragons/greater vaults first!

Mist Elves CAN make use of shops, though

thx for the info everyone i did not know about the scroll shop will have to keep that in mind in the future. this Barb has moved on to YASD as he died stupidly to the Snake of all things cause i miscalculated DPS

Ouch! Yeah the snakes not too bad, except for the water breath which can insta kill a ME. I’m assuming that’s what happened?

poison ticks got out of hand