Thread: Is Rolf a murderer ?

Default Is Rolf a murderer ?

Have just had YASD:
    Mist Elf Farmer born under sword washed away by dragon turtle living in Rolf's Fortress' moat
    (That was just as I was congratulating myself on leaving with the Unpick Axe)
    Was clearing out my now redundant notes and came to this one:
    While eating a cookie (trying to train literacy) received a message I've never seen before
    "They say Rolf is guilty of murdering his own blood and he tried to cover it up"
    Have search the forum on Rolf and murder and cannot find any reference to this
    Was just curious, have never thought about even trying to attack Rolf (guessing it would be disastrous)
    So does anyone have any idea, some of these cookie messages do seem cryptic to the point of irrelevance.

Cursed fortune cookies show ‘evil’ messages to mess with you

Rolf would never go out of his way to kill someone; he's far too lazy for that. At worst he's guilty of murder-for-hire, which is completely legal in Ancardia.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Cursed fortune cookies show ‘evil’ messages to mess with you
    Some variation on this would make for a good fortune cookie message. Can you share the results of your cursed cookie testing? I'd like to know which messages are "evil".

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    Rolf would never go out of his way to kill someone; he's far too lazy for that. At worst he's guilty of murder-for-hire, which is completely legal in Ancardia.

Some variation on this would make for a good fortune cookie message. Can you share the results of your cursed cookie testing? I'd like to know which messages are "evil".
    I got a few more, spoilers ahead:

"Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I've gotten all of those messages (and the one mentioned in the OP) from both uncursed and blessed cookies. However, I did actually find a few messages that never come from cursed cookies:

They say that Grond's favorite wand can grant a wish.
    Curious. The obvious place would be the temple, but I'm sure people have zapped it there many times.

If you read a scroll of amnesia, you'll never find Peperidge farm.
    Has anyone with a sufficiently archmaged character (Survival 100, High Pe) 's'earched all woods and grasslands in the new releases?

Theory: Complete Filk's quest to kill the Mad Minstrel, then give the Weird Tome to Filk while wearing the Boots of Great Speed (the "tree treasure"?)
    The Weird Tome is bard related and Filk is the NPC bard...

They say that Grond's favorite wand can grant a wish.
    Grond: 'I wish I knew when I entered a level if there were breeders on the level'
    cReAtOr: 'Granted!?'

Quote Originally Posted by Lowkey View Post
    Curious. The obvious place would be the temple, but I'm sure people have zapped it there many times.

Has anyone with a sufficiently archmaged character (Survival 100, High Pe) 's'earched all woods and grasslands in the new releases?
    I think this one is just a joke...right? Cause the commercial is an old person saying fondly "I remember Pepperidge Farm..."