Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most annoying boss monster?

Default Most annoying boss monster?

My vote goes to Mieaevar. Ran into this fellow in the unreal caves and got soundly thrashed. He's got all the Balor/Greater Balor skills (corrupting melee attack, regenerates, teleports, summons monsters, etc) but also casts a variety of nasty spells such as 200+ damage energy blasts, death ray (I think, I had resistance), etc.

What's annoying about him is you need to stay out of a direct line to avoid the energy blasts and death rays, which means you most likely have to fight him in a room. And in a room there's ample space for him to summon monsters, so you can't get a good shot at him with slaying ammo. And if you do manage to hit him, he's got tons of hp and will quickly regenerate while you're busy clearing out his summons. Bah.

Which is your candidate as the most annoying boss monster?

That certainly sounds more dangerous than any I've encountered.

I was annoyed by Ahiru Togtin...since I wanted to avoid killing any cats, he was faster than me and could pass through walls...

Groof. Because he looks like Huckree, but doesn't drop any treasure.

All the ones that don't drop treasure - at least drop some gold you can't be famous without collecting a good amount of gold on the way.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

The dark sage guy. Because he can shoot an energy ray from further than a mist elf can see for 90 dmg. That easily one shots a lvl 18 mist elf bard with 70 hp.

I do have a favourite boss monster. The infamous water spider assault unit. Always makes me laugh.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzpa88 View Post
    That certainly sounds more dangerous than any I've encountered.

I was annoyed by Ahiru Togtin...since I wanted to avoid killing any cats, he was faster than me and could pass through walls...
    Yeah, there are tons of annoying cat bosses who teleport and pass through walls, among other things.

Kolvinfirmesestron a female least fire daemon
    Met it in the SMC (while on route to the UD) at lev 12
    Acid breathed my merchant pretty alarming (and destroyed an amount of equipment)
    She was "Very Experienced" apparently
    I teleported past her to escape downstairs
    Apart from that the cats and I'm sure I came across a blink dog once (and ran away - I run away a lot)

I have to agree with the cat that walks through walls. Pretty damn annoying when you accidentally stab it just walking around.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Here are Mieaevar's stats, by the way: Mieaevar, the Balor: Level 8, DV 54, PV 41, Hits: 1183, Attacks 2, Damage 20 - 76, Speed 100
    He regenerates, teleports and summons random monsters. He has a corrupting melee attack, a paralyzing melee attack, casts energy blast and death ray. He often shrugs bolts and other resistible magic. He is immune to all elements (I think, I cast a few high level acid/ice/fire balls against him, got the message that he regenerated and the next turn he was uninjured).

I'm sure he can be defeated with a good humanoid or demon slayer. I'm sure a paladin with Justifier would be able to chop him down if the damage from the energy blasts and death rays can be survived. An archer with ample slaying ammo is probably the class which would stand the greatest chance, as they don't have to stand close to him.