Thread: Annoying, yet non fatal mistakes

Default Annoying, yet non fatal mistakes

Post your most annoying, but not fatal mistakes here. I'll go first:

1. A wizard trying to pass the animated forest armed with a poor first hand weapon, teleportitis and no teleport control. Urgh.
    I had just lost teleport control and gained teleportitis from sipping pools, hoping for (and getting) a wish, and was on my way down to Khelly with an AoLS. Figured I didn't want to risk the Dwarven Halls, so the Animated Forest was the only other choice as I had access to a few invisibility potions. I realised my mistake quickly, when my teleport hiccup threw me halfway across the room but in the wrong direction... It must have taken me more than half an hour to get out! Next time I'll ID scum for a blink dog corpse instead. Way quicker.

The one that happens to me every time: temporarily storing away some important item and then forgetting where the hell I left it.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Forgetting to unequip a stack of cure corruption potions after throwing one at the chaos diplomat.

Going upstairs, kill one critter then go downstairs again because I forgot that I was trying to leave the dungeon.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Taking note of the drunken dwarf's name, descending the ID and when reaching the correct level realising you actually forgot to talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    The one that happens to me every time: temporarily storing away some important item and then forgetting where the hell I left it.
    that pesky Ancient Mummy Wrappings i was saving for Mana Temple. Now just were the hell did i store it.

A very forgetful farmer only realising after reaching level 30 that he'd forgotten to pick up fire lighting equipment when he should have

And a very common one (multiple times in every game I play) is saving up the Potions of Boost Learning to drink just before levelling up and then levelling up. Doh!

Every time I play an Archer I forget how long chopping down trees takes and get to Hungry! with like 50 turns left on the first try.