Thread: invisiblity dilemma

Question invisiblity dilemma

so i killed something in the dark and ate it and it was an invisible stalker. Now i am invisible which was useful but now i cannot enter the Arena.

But then this dwarf gives me quests, the 2nd of which is the Arena. I think I'm stuck because without attempting his quests I believe i cannot go any deeper in that dungeon.

any suggestions?

Mummy wrapping. Wear it

Default will try that thanks

thanks for quick reply

gee i'm gonna be weak in the arena - i guess i can try changing armour before the fight

The mummy wrapping doesn't help. It makes you see invisible, but you remain invisible yourself. Your options:

1. Give up on the arena quest. Probably the best option. The only quest from Thrundarr that you need to do to dive deeper into the dungeon is the "Portal" quest, and it does not in any way depend on the arena. You will miss out on a few nice rewards, but that's it. On the upside you will be invisible for the rest of the game, that's pretty nice.

2. Poolsip to become visible again. Beware that this is dangerous: you can become doomed, or you can lose teleport control and gain teleportitis. Uncontrolled teleportitis is terrible. But if you happen to have sold a blink dog corpse to a shop, and you have enough piety to remove dooming, it's safe.

3. Drink potions of visibility. Unfortunately, those are rare and you might need quite a few of them to last through 20 arena fights. Probably not possible.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Been here before
    I'd go route 3. Luuk'Sort sells potions of visibility occasionally, bless before use, kill arena foes as fast as possible can get through with four potions. Can also get via potions of exchange.
    Have you any other areas to explore (Moldy, Shadowy) while waiting for Luuk'Sort to restock ?

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    The mummy wrapping doesn't help. It makes you see invisible, but you remain invisible yourself.
    Ordinary mummy wrappings cancel invisibility.

Quote Originally Posted by meekrab View Post
    Exactly. Sorry I forgot to specify that this only works with regular mummy wrappings and not the indestructible ancient variety. I guarantee this works waaaay better than trying to get a bunch of visibility potions.

Quote Originally Posted by meekrab View Post
    I withdraw my previous advice
    Wish I'd known this

thanks all, great advice