Thread: Human Monk Gate closer

Default Human Monk Gate closer

My fourth win being the first win with class other than Wizard, lol. steam shows 236 hours in the game

Well, it's raven-born human monk, that's it.

Highlights:
    1) First time used the two precrownings + crowning strategy similar to the one that Grond uses in his speedruns (angering the C god;
    2) Later on, I realised that I would like to go ultra, but since i was crowned L+ that path was sadly blocked.
    3) Precrownings was Robe of the Master Monk and Wyrmlance, LOL
    4) Crowning gift was those peace gloves, useless.
    5) Crap artifacts in the Merchant guild again, so no kills in there;
    6) Rune-covered trident in Monk's hands is rox. No words for that, used till the very end, sometimes replaced with Wyrmlance (specifically, dragon vaults, UL)
    7) Found potion belt again in fire dragon vault. Couldn't sneak it out because some fire lizard took it so had to clear the vault.
    8) there went my manchkin stat raising. I really hate it abit, because it affects game time and disbalances. but still feels GREAT to have 70+ all stats.
    9) got 120+DV in very agressive mode. 240+ in coward.
    10) Overall very easy run past precrownings point.

P. S. Still not a single GoGS nor Bracers of War in all my runs

karon.txt

Nice work! Your first non-wizard win, right? I'm trying to get my first melee win.

a. Am I correct, from reading your file, that this was a monk who engaged in almost no unarmed fighting? Primarily a spear-monk?

b. had you previously known about the god-angering strategy? I only heard of it in Grond's post

Yes, I haven’t killed more than a dozen monsters with bare fists, since my strategy was to train polearms and upon getting the rune-covered trident at level 16 (raven sign for that ), to to use it. It gives amazing bonuses, slays demons and undead so useful and game changing.

I first saw this angering strategy in one of Grond’s speedruns on YouTube, after that it took me three attempts to actually make it right (the second attempt was really misterious , I had all three deities angered and unable to crown. But this run everything went smooth , only I could delay the crowning and go ultra instead