Thread: problem starting the game

Default problem starting the game

I got this Version 3.3.3 (release 101) (linux ubuntu 64 bit), unpacked it somewhere in my home folder and added the adom folder to PATH. when trying to launch it I get one of the following errors:

if I cd into the adom folder and try run adom from there:
    Code:
    adom: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2_mixer-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    weird enough, if I try to run it from anywhere else I get:
    Code:
    adom: error while loading shared libraries: libnoteye.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Seeing that both are contained in the adom/lib folder, I tried adding that to PATH as well...

~> any clue what I can do?

hmmmm.. so maybe more details: following the instructions from readme.1st (for non global installation), the only thing of the 2 step process I think could have went wrong is the ~add it to PATH~ part..
    I added the path to the adom folder to the PATH in .profile in my home folder.. (~~> wrong file???) afterwards I can cd to whereever and enter adom and it will (attempt to) start, throwing the above mentioned errors ~> so no typos, later overwrites..........
    ~> should I have added it to some other file?? Are those files in the lib folder just for show and I need to install those libs? Move them somewhere?

Did anyone get it to run under Ubuntu?

Manually installing all the libs it asks me for one by one, I eventually stranded with a new error:
    adom: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by ./lib/libSDL2-2.0.so.0)

~> libc6 package.. but I only get version 2.23.. so I give up.. good luck if anyone else attempts to get this to run...