Thread: How to speed up spell bolt animations?

Default How to speed up spell bolt animations?

Hi.

Long time 1.1.1 player here (since 2002 or so). Sometimes for reasons that elude me the game would "speed up" bolt animations i.e. they would be "instantenous".
    I play 3.3.3 right now but not for long (won a tutorial human fighter, playing a mist elf wizard right now).

Is there a way to force this instant animation? Early/midgame it's nothing, but later with Farsight active all the time and with greater vaults to clear it's really tedious watching the same 20-tile ranged magic missiles slooowly crawling across the screen for 5-10 seconds straight.

Regards,
    kuniqs.

You could change the Base_Delay_Factor configuration variable to something lower. You can set it in-game with = , or by manually editing the adom.cfg file. For NotEye versions, the projectile animation setting also affects how bolts animate. You can adjust this with CTRL+m (open NotEye settings), o (animations, scrolling, palette, etc,), p (projectile animation speed).

Thanks, that works.

Out of curiosity: does anyone know why ADOM 1.1.1 reduced this delay to 0 seemingly at random? Was that some kind of bug?