Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your best non-artifact weapon?

Default What's your best non-artifact weapon?

I found a murderous eternium two handed sword on a DE barbarian today. I had originally been planning on going after the minotaur axe if I wasn't crowned with vanquisher, but I'm pwning so easily with this thing I don't think I'll need to. It's almost as good as the minotaur axe, and much much better than Death's blade (which I was crowned with), I think I'll probably use it for the rest of the game.

What's the best non-artifact weapon you've ever found in the game? For a while now I've just been relying on artifacts as my end-game melee tools, but I'm starting to think that it might be worth it to pick up and ID all those high metal weapons that drop.

Probably, despite never really using it, my best non-artifact weapon was a murderous adamantium spear of penetration. It was like (+5, 1d8+9), double crit chance, and ignored PV. What's not to like about that? (Besides the fact it wasn't eternium, that is )
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

Since I play lots of assassins i tend to have loads of orcish knives that I milk from orcs. And I got some weeping - x - of devastation and i think a murderous of penetration appeared as well. But they are daggers, I don't really bother identifying two handers so i probably have generated something memorable over the years but i don't really know.

on the subject. I wonder if there are whips of slaughtering that aren't the special..1d30 kind.

I seem to remember finding a poisonous eternium 2-hander of devastation once before. The poison effect was actually basically never used, of course, because everything died in 1-2 hits anyway...
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Wicked Eternium 2hs of Devastation should be a cool (+18, 10d8+24), pretty decent for raw damage.

Most damaging one-hander would probably be Wicked Eternium Flail of Devastion, (8d7+16)

My ideal weapon for most characters would be either a "Brutal" or "Murderous" (depending on find weakness skill) "eternium spear of penetration", to allow shield and hurt basically anything.

But any humanoid slayer will instantly get slotted in as prime weapon.
    Last edited by Molach; 08-20-2009 at 06:13 AM.
    ADOM General's warning: Treasure Hunting causes slowness, frailty, terrible markmanship and is dangerous to your characters' health

Rhea, the Roman Republic Character, had an eternium two-handed sword of penetration.

Probably my favorite ego weapon is the poisonous eternium flail of the sun my TH competition character on the server is still wearing. It dismembers undead and poisons the living and is just overall cool. Not sure if I'll ever finish that character though...
    Last edited by Silfir; 08-20-2009 at 09:35 AM.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Eternium two-handed sword of devastation and eternium two-handed sword of devastation. I simply love a wizard doing ~140 damage/hit.

A mithril spear of penetration, IIRC. Not terribly impressive but very practical.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I have found eternium two-handed sword of devastation with one of my chars.
    Shit was awesome.
    Weeping eternium spear of penetration would be my dream, though.
    Suddenly a stream of acid pours down from the ceiling! The cute dog is horribly mutilated by the acidic fluids! The cute dog dies!

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    A mithril spear of penetration, IIRC. Not terribly impressive but very practical.
    Same here. I even smithed it to the top of my patience
    Me is troll, me is moomintroll! Me likes ADoM... Me likes Dwarf Fortress... Dis two games is the ones best!

Oh, me likes zombies too!