Thread: Updated to Ventura and ADOM stopped working

Default Updated to Ventura and ADOM stopped working

Hi All,
    I'm playing ADOM through Steam. I recently updated to Ventura OS and ADOM now crashes after starting. It claims the tiles aren't there, but I don't use them anyway and have them disabled. I'm having a hard time finding the error log report. To clarify, the game starts and depending how fast I move through the menus I can get in game, but then it crashes within about 30 seconds. I have uninstalled and reinstalled via Steam. Any help would be appreciated since this is my go to game.
    Best,
    ocnitsa

EDIT: Apparently, I can't actually get IN GAME...it crashes when I move through the talent screens quickly to try to get to the end. I'm wondering if it's some matter of files not being in the right place/place expected for Ventura.

I see it saying "do file not enough memory"? Now it's saying "error did not yield enough [memory] 4"
    Last edited by mr_ocnitsa; 03-05-2023 at 04:34 PM.

It's a real bummer! I know it works on Ventura because it works just fine on my work laptop...but for some reason it won't on my iMac...still crashes out almost immediately.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game, uninstalling and deleting all files related to ADOM, uninstalling Steam...and then reinstalling. Still no dice.

Here's some info from the Apple report:

Crashed Thread: 0 MainThrd Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000030
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000030

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11
    Terminating Process: exc handler [2284]