Thread: Ghost Librarian is being a d*ck

Default Ghost Librarian is being a d*ck

So I got a promising Grey Elven wizard. What do promising Grey Elven wizards do? They visit the library. I took all the spellbooks in the library, read them all in the wilderness like any diligent student of magic should. I've been a good boy.
    Went back to the library, waited about 2000 turns, started a conversation with the Ghost Librarian, he told me to shut up. Waited about 3000 turns. He still told me to shut up. Almost pressed Ctrl+Q out of frustration, but calmed myself down, got my composure, waited a few hours, and tried again. This time I waited about 5000 turns. He still said "Pssst!".
    I know this ghost librarian isn't as chatty as other NPC's but this time he's playing REALLY hard to get. Yes I have 100 stealth.
    I never had any trouble with this, any of you guys know what might be going on here?

I don't know it sounds like you did everything right. Were you fighting things maybe? I don't know if that would affect anything or not, but I imagine swords crashing together to be pretty noisy.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Quote Originally Posted by ghostjghost View Post
    I don't know it sounds like you did everything right. Were you fighting things maybe? I don't know if that would affect anything or not, but I imagine swords crashing together to be pretty noisy.
    Attacks and even spellcasting don't disqualify you from getting the tome.

EDIT:
    What corruptions does the character have (if any)? Supposedly the babbling mouth corruption disqualifies you from getting the tome, but I'd be interested in knowing what you've got regardless.
    Last edited by Grond; 04-07-2019 at 03:45 AM.

I have "You exhale sulphur" and "You have grown 10 extra eyes". Maybe the librarian just thinks I have bad breath?
    I have been fighting monsters right in front of the librarian btw, but that hasn't bothered him in the past. It is kinds silly, you slaughter large amounts of before his very eyes and he is unphased, but you start whispering to him and he gets upset...
    Last edited by mjz15; 04-07-2019 at 09:35 AM.

The ghost librarian appears to be extremely unforgiving when it comes to keeping the silence. In the library, if you chat with a monster other than the librarian, ever have less than 100 Stealth, or ever have the babbling mouth corruption, you are permanently disqualified from getting the weird tome. Chatting with the librarian is the only "offence" that's forgiven, merely resetting the 2000 turn timer. I didn't find any new behavior that the librarian disapproves of, but mostly likely this character can never get the weird tome.

Hmm in that case, I probably chatted with a monster. Don't remember doing it but I can't think of anything else.
    The Weird Tome isn't required for ultra endings, is it?

No, Ultra is fine without it. You just lose the rather useful reward - 5 scrolls of corruption removal.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."