Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite alcoholic beverages

Default Favorite alcoholic beverages

Here I am. Appreciating my beer. And a question rose to the surface...

wich one is your favorite beer? I know this is a multinational forum so we won't always know the beer you are talking about.. .but let's give it a shot.

Well... i'm a simple man. I like heineken the most. Thou it's not a popular beer here in brazil i like it the best. Brazilian beer resembles budweiser imo, and i like the bitterness of heineken better.

I have drunk erdinger as well, wich I think is european. And I like it but it's too expensive here =P

I can't apreciate guiness for instance. You german-folk might have that aquired taste for really strong beer.

Also, i see it a lot in movies and such... europeans and americans drinking quite warm beer. UGH! i know most don't like it but here in brazil if the beer goes warm you toss it out!

On distilled beverages. Jack Daniels gotta be the one. I envy american-folk that get it so cheap =P

Well, unless you're from Canada, it's unlikely you'll have ever heard of any of the beers that I normally drink since they're mostly domestics. I usually drink Sleeman's, preferably the honey brown. Although it looks like water, Steamwhistle is actually pretty good too. Quebec beer is very good too, especially something like La Fin du Monde--although at 9% alcohol, it's not for the faint of heart. Part of the fun of living in Canada is that there are so many microbreweries around that every city is likely to have its own unique variety of beer, so you can always try something new. Beer is best after it's been chilled in snow--drinking it warm is just weird.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Erdinger is German. Technically Bavarian, so not exactly from where I come from. Though no one in Germany drinks his beer warm. Cold beer all the way.

I won't be making more comments here because I hardly ever drink beer, so I don't have a favorite one.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I pfrefer Kozel.. they say its chehz.. chzeh.. damn..
    Also like heinikein and tuborg.
    But! To be honest beer is not very healthy, so most of the time lately I drink vodka )

As I'm actually drunk now I feel in a fitting state to respond... Firstly... Heineken? Ugh... Disgusting stuff. In South America you should drink Sol - I love that stuff. Otherwise San Miguel is decent. Mahou is a much greater Spanish beer, but harder to find. I love Grolsch too, gfor the European taste. My favourite beer is likely Fosters though - a cold pint of it goes down so easily on a warm summer's day.

Personally I'm a cider fan though. English Strongbos iw nice, but recently I have discovered the jos of New Yorken "Original Sin". Hard to find, but extremely compelling.

On the subject of liquors I do love vodka myself, whatever it may or may not be mixed with. Straight I prefer Finlandia or Grey Goose, mixed I lose all pretense at preference. A nice little cocktail I invented and like to make is vodka, triple sec, blue curacoa, a touch of galliano, fresh lime an lemonade (Fanta lemon for those who think of the American style of lemonade). I call it "Blue Sherbert" and prefer to serve it with a *lot* of ice. Bright blue, very sweet, extremely strong and thoroughly drinkable - just my sort of poison
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Well, when it comes to beer: Heineken, Carlsberg , Timisoreana and Tuborg. The last two being Romanian bears. I must say I'm surprised to see Boris drinking a Romanian bear .
    As far as my favorite beverage is concerned, that HAS to be Cuba Libre. I make it myself because it's far cheaper to just buy rum, buy coke, buy lime and combine them, than to buy ready-made Cuba Libre. I also mix it somewhat differently than it's original recipe: for every part of rum there should be two parts of coke, I actually make it 1-5. That way it's a nice, sweetish with a touch of lemon drink that really just gradually makes the world seem a funnier place . The 1/5 ratio means the only thing you feel from the rum, taste-wise, is its flavor, but you still get to feel the effects of the alcohol in it.

Any good beers really. Mostly i prefer porter, stout and ale over lager but i really like Caribbean/Mexican lagers. To name a few Red Stripe and El Pacifico are my current favorite lagers, New Castle is one of my alltime favorites and probably the best beer is without a doubt Brooklyn Local 1.
    Whiskey's and rum's are good too, well almost any dark alcohol is good.

So many alcoholics here... o_o
    I almost do not drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    As I'm actually drunk now I feel in a fitting state to respond... Firstly... Heineken? Ugh... Disgusting stuff. In South America you should drink Sol - I love that stuff.
    SOL??!!!?!?!! It's like drinking piss from a diseased old man! Oh...the terrible terrible taste! You are one brave man. If you like sol i should introduce you to some other really cheap beer around here. Beer that costs something like 40 cents of the dollar a can.

I can drink beer but don't enjoy it, don't like wine either. Vodka is the way to go, although I can drink pretty much everything. I just usually take a couple of Vodka's, not more, I never get drunk.