Thread: Thomas, what help do you need?

Default Thomas, what help do you need?

Hi Thomas, I have noticed that this process is seeming interactive, which is great. There are many people here with many good ideas that could help the creation of JADE.

With that being said, is there any particular area where you are looking for suggestions or ideas? Is there any area we could focus on to help out?

Just a thought, since we throw so much info at you anyway. I was just wondering if there is any info or ideas that you really want...
    Karmageddon!!!!!!!!!!! In the end, we will *all* get what we deserve...

It's extremely unlikely that we could help him code, which is 98% of the work, but there are some things we can do. In fact, I was meaning to send him an e-mail about this. JADE will have loads of monsters and each one will have a description when you look at it. I'd love to help out writing those descriptions if Thomas wanted the help.

Yeah, in the end of 'teh manual' there are lots of acknowledgments to the people who wrote the monters descriptions.
    I never won a Adom game...

Quote Originally Posted by Tannis View Post
    It's extremely unlikely that we could help him code, which is 98% of the work, but there are some things we can do. In fact, I was meaning to send him an e-mail about this. JADE will have loads of monsters and each one will have a description when you look at it. I'd love to help out writing those descriptions if Thomas wanted the help.
    Yes, it would be unlikely that we would do any coding; this is normal. But, as you said, things like monster descriptions, vault layouts, etc, are things we could assist with...

Can't most monster descriptions just be lifted from ADoM? --> so JADE gets released earlier

Quote Originally Posted by reich View Post
    Can't most monster descriptions just be lifted from ADoM? --> so JADE gets released earlier
    Early is definitely good, but depending on what help he may need, we could help it be earlier!

Hmmm... well there's a "human city" in JADE that's not in ADOM and they could probably use a description.