Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: idea for a challenge game

Default idea for a challenge game

Don't know if this challenge already already exists or not..

After playing goody-goody heroes all the time, I thought it would be nice to play a real bastard. How about trying to end the game without committing a single lawful act? Well ok, maybe killing chaotic monsters should be an exception if that is also a lawful thing to do.. but that would be the only exception.

So the game should be ended (if at all) as a chaos god, no need to save khelly for that one I think? In fact, let's kill Khelly, there's no need to let those chaos servants have all the fun. Further, as the very first deed the character should hurry to find the cute dog.. in order to kill it with his own hands! Next head back to the tiny girl and kill her too, for good measure. Somewhere in the game, let's also exterminate all of Terinyo, dwarftown, and holeinthewall (but not without first killing the carpenter and the healer of course). In short, roleplay to be as evil as possible. Best to play as a necromancer for special effects.. a tiny girl skeleton, how does that sound?

Not terribly ambitious as ADOM challenges go I guess, but it would make a nice personal goal. Now what to call it.. man of raw steel?

Edit: These would be the rules, as a result of discussion:
    - No lawful acts, with the exception of killing chaotic monsters.
    - The cute dog must be killed and the tiny girl must be informed of it.
    - All NPC's in Terinyo, Dwarftown, the high mountain village and Lawinote.. Holeinthewall must be killed
    - Blub's mom, Khelavaster, the carpenter, Jharod, the old barbarian, the mad minstrel, the white unicorn and any shopkeepers must also be killed (and tell blub what you've done to mommy before killing him).
    - All neutral and lawful altars must either be destroyed or converted to chaotic on sight.
    - The dwarven artificer must also be killed, after doing all his quests.
    - End the game as a chaos god.
    - Any especially psychic acts (like eating the cute dog, or using it as a melee weapon against the tiny girl) earn bonus points.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 09-01-2009 at 07:53 AM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

> Next head back to the tiny girl and kill her too, for good measure.

Add "kill her too, wielding the cute dog as a weapon".

If this is the first thing you are allowed to do, then you need to bug out of terinyo and forego any other quests there. Too bad, as the black unicorn quest is nice and chaotic. Afer killing girl you eat the dog, and proceed with the game. (cursed and doomed...)

Plus:
    Rob all shops you come across. Not necessarily immediately.
    Convert all altars to chaos - immediately. Will be a fun trek into dwarftown then.

Yeah, quite a challenge, I guess.
    Can you sac dwarves and thugs and shopkeepers on a chaotic altar in dwarftown?
    ADOM General's warning: Treasure Hunting causes slowness, frailty, terrible markmanship and is dangerous to your characters' health

Quote Originally Posted by Molach View Post
    Can you sac dwarves and thugs and shopkeepers on a chaotic altar in dwarftown?
    No, sadly. More of an issue, I think, will be feeding, interviewing, and killing the ratling as soon as the PC has access to 6 artifacts. Fed, hostile demented ratlings are considerably more dangerous than Andor Drakon.

Quote Originally Posted by Molach View Post
    Convert all altars to chaos - immediately. Will be a fun trek into dwarftown then.
    Just don't go close enough to the DT alter to see it. Sure, you the player may know it's there, but you the character wont have a clue why he isn't being allowed to see in that building there

Then, later, when you're strong enough to take everyone you can convert it.

Gotta love loopholes
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Molach
    Add "kill her too, wielding the cute dog as a weapon".
    This is brilliant, it solves the problem how to let the the girl know what you did to her friend without committing a lawful act (since telling and giving the corpse both count as lawful acts).

If this is the first thing you are allowed to do, then you need to bug out of terinyo and forego any other quests there.
    Nope. Just lure the tiny girl out of town first (style points), or use ventriloquism.

Convert all altars to chaos - immediately.
    I'd say either convert non-chaotic altars, or destroy them.

I'm pretty sure the demented ratling can be sacrificed, by the way. I tried that in another game, since the demented ratling happened to step on the altar by chance and as I wasn't going for any kind of ultra ending and was roleplaying a good guy (or girl, don't remember), I didn't care much about the evil demented one. Neither did the dwarves, as it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    This is brilliant, it solves the problem how to let the the girl know what you did to her friend without committing a lawful act (since telling and giving the corpse both count as lawful acts).
    If you talk to the girl with a cute dog in your kill list, she goes berserk and attempts to kill you herself. Are you SURE that is a lawful act?

Makes sense! I didn't know that, so I just wrongly assumed you'd get the same result as finding the cute dog corpse when you are too late. Well that saves some trouble then.

When playing chaotic PCs, I will often try a PC dive to get the cute dog as a first kill. You need a bit of luck in the corridors to avoid having to kill any monsters to get there, but its certainly a nice way to start the game.

hmmn this would be a interesting game to spectate on the server.
    I haven't yet finished an ADOM game, but i haven't given up on trying yet either.

This is one challenge I'd be the last to miss!
    Suddenly a stream of acid pours down from the ceiling! The cute dog is horribly mutilated by the acidic fluids! The cute dog dies!