Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: morgia training abusing learing?

6 seems to be plenty for potentials, and 4 for for stat-gains. I almost never fail to gain a stat increase (~99% success) this way, regardless of the B/U/C status of the Morgia. Mareilon, on the other hand, I just play by ear. I'm not really very consistent with that (understandable though, considering most of my chars are elves and they don't really need much moss...)
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

With low stats I eat 3/6 to get an increase and later ill try 4/8, unless I am really low on herbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FantomFang View Post
    6 seems to be plenty for potentials, and 4 for for stat-gains. I almost never fail to gain a stat increase (~99% success) this way, regardless of the B/U/C status of the Morgia.
    The question is not fail but time to get there. With more you progress faster...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

As boring I find herbing stats to be I still find it necessary to do it.
    I just make sure to do a lot of other things in the meantime, e.g. reading my scribbled scroll, mining or just hunting monsters in general - constantly chewing, of course.
    I eat the same amount Soirana mentioned as I find the stat-gains are faster and more consistent. Besides - the only use for morgia is selling, chewing and sometimes brewing, and who the hell is such a cheapskate he sells 'em?
    Suddenly a stream of acid pours down from the ceiling! The cute dog is horribly mutilated by the acidic fluids! The cute dog dies!