Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion on weapons

Default Opinion on weapons

This is an opinon poll, I got crowned with death's blade, but I had an eternium two handed sword that is 6d5 + 18, what would you suggest using and why?

EDIT: Irrelevant now, dorn beast on Reheteps level took me from 200 to 0, despite max healing candle, and bracers of war *This game is so unfair sometimes.*
    Last edited by almack9; 09-02-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Ouch. Those things are nasty. If I had had to choose between the two, it would depend on secondary cabalities (i.e. ranged/magic) but most likely the 2hander. It's just that Death's Blade isn't very impressive imo.
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

Stick with DB. It's an arty and can be basher-powered.
    Suddenly a stream of acid pours down from the ceiling! The cute dog is horribly mutilated by the acidic fluids! The cute dog dies!

Both are two-handers and train the same skill.
    The eternium sword has better to-hit, but gives a DV-penalty and is not compatible with the basher chain.
    Suddenly a stream of acid pours down from the ceiling! The cute dog is horribly mutilated by the acidic fluids! The cute dog dies!

I begin to wonder if I will ever beat this game. It seems every time I am doing well, I get a curveball. Usually this consists of mixed vaults with tons of lightning vortex, one time it was a ghul that did the same as the dornbeast did. Overall, I have very bad luck in this game.

Use a one-handed weapon + shield. It will help you avoid a lot of those nasty paralysing deaths. Two-handed weapons (and two weapon combat) are not worth the loss of DV in the midgame in my opinion.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Your probably right, with my adamantium large shield/big punch id be sitting at about 50 DV, vs 20 or so with the 2h, it definitely would have made a difference.

Amulet of free action are not extremely rare. When you find one, it is very often (exploring new areas) smarter to wear than the Ankh. Because paralysis kills.

I usually fight at "very aggressive" all the game. But early-mid, when I see ghuls, I sometimes go back to normal or even defensive tactics. Because they have a much harder time para-locking you then. And they die pretty easy anyway.
    ADOM General's warning: Treasure Hunting causes slowness, frailty, terrible markmanship and is dangerous to your characters' health

You could play a drakish fighter or an orcish/high/dark elven archer if you dislike spellcasters.
    Otherwise I find trollish priest to be something of an auto-win.

Usually I play Orc Barbarians, I like monks too, but I have trouble getting too far with them, archers are decent too, I just dont scum effectively for arrows.

EDIT: What sign would you play such a priest under, candle?