Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion on weapons

My first ever win was with a hurthling monk who used nothing but thrown rocks and his bare fists until he got The Twins.

Candle is nice, but trolls have good regen anyway so I'd probably prefer Cup as otherwise learning spells will be somewhat difficult before you really can go town with the mining.
    Drakelings are generally considered to be the overall best race, but I, at least, have them tied with trolls for that position.
    Suddenly a stream of acid pours down from the ceiling! The cute dog is horribly mutilated by the acidic fluids! The cute dog dies!

Really, drakelings and trolls? I pretty much never play with those races. Lol. How about we make an invincible character, Troll/Healer/Candle/Healthy/Bracers of war/any other thing with regen. That should be fun to play as.

A trollish healer gets what is pretty much the nicest skillset ever (aside from my recently generated gnomish bard). They don't have spellbooks from the beginning, though. They also lack the 'Music' skill, but they're otherwise extremely bad-ass. Being Candle-born with one of these guys are almost overkill, and I'd sooner choose Raven, Dragon or Cup.
    Suddenly a stream of acid pours down from the ceiling! The cute dog is horribly mutilated by the acidic fluids! The cute dog dies!

I just rolled a trollish healer on raven, and I must say that is a very nice skillset. Only thing id like to see is dodge maybe, and music as you said.

And with a mana score of 5 and 5 pp not starting with a book doesnt matter much. lol

Yes, 'Dodge' would be nice as well.

After enjoying the benefits of 'Gemology' in combination with 'Food Preservation' you'll have the capability to be not only a melee powerhouse, but also a competent magician. Just remember to develop your missile skills and you should be fine.

Sounds good, now I wonder if im delusional, or do all you good players roll a whole bunch of things and die unfair deaths too, or do you somehow manage to win all the time?

EDIT:Maxed healing + Level 6 healer bonus + Troll + healthy talent = 9 turns for regen. Pretty good I suppose.
    Last edited by almack9; 09-02-2009 at 10:12 PM.

Most of my character deaths has been due to early UD diving. Since I started chilling out in the ID to do some pickpocketing and getting 500 kills my death-to-generated character ratio has vastly improved.
    Trolls have incredible early game survival, though. In my experience the most dangerous thing for a troll in the early stages of the game is 'w'alking through a corridor at berserk mode due to the possibility of a ghost bat surprise rape.

Ive got my mana up to a modest 10, learning and willpower still terribly low however. ABout 34pp and a handful of spells in my arsenal.

Any chance of bookcasting any spells (costs 3X the amount of PP)? That will train your mana stat nicely.
    Learning will be dealt with by way of gemology, and Willpower by morgia.
    Keep on whackin' 'em, try to keep your PV high and take out any nasties with missiles.
    You should be fine!

Don't expect to finish the game on a high level. Other than struggling for pyramid entrance a trollish healer should be fine.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.