Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: your Current game

Quote Originally Posted by Elone View Post
    --
    I got the ring of master cat. Some people neglect this quest, but how hard is it to evade the 5-6 cats that will be generated thruout your game?
    --
    I found about 5 cats in the druid dungeon with my Human Monk before the last level. Thanks to some wererats, I managed to tame them. Sadly that game ended in a crash.
    Last edited by Nezur; 04-10-2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Oops. Not in VD.

I found a black wizard who summoned lots of wild cats 2 levels above dwarftown in CoC. I had to lure them one by one and wait for the dwarves to kill them :P

And I did something really stupid btw. Had not much food and a pixie left corpse. Seeing how I had eaten lots of them in my previous game without starting to teleport (and the char got to lvl 50, so I guess I ate many pixies), I thought it would be a low % and nothing would happen. Then I felt jumpy, so annoying

Quote Originally Posted by warheart View Post
    I found a black wizard who summoned lots of wild cats 2 levels above dwarftown in CoC. I had to lure them one by one and wait for the dwarves to kill them :P

And I did something really stupid btw. Had not much food and a pixie left corpse. Seeing how I had eaten lots of them in my previous game without starting to teleport (and the char got to lvl 50, so I guess I ate many pixies), I thought it would be a low % and nothing would happen. Then I felt jumpy, so annoying
    I often carry the useful corpses to Terinyo and sell them to Munxip. That way they will never rot (unless they rot away during the trip to the village).

Default new character

I think i might actually win with this character. Peter Lvl 36 dark elven wizard. Got all elemental orbs except mana. crowned champion of balance. Artifacts include Staff of the archmagi, Staff of the Wanderer, Robes of Resistance, Soaker, Ring of the Master Cats, Ankh, Mummy wrapping, will have rune covered trident.
    Already took down the bug temple and went through the sinister library and have every spell. Cant cast wish though...
    Over 400 hp and pp. Still has kind of weak stats, but reefs through everything with his balanced long sword of devastation.

BTW, anyone have any tips on how to take down a greater karmic vault? I can't come up with any ideas other than melee and hope i dont get owned.
    "You hear the sound of rushing water."
    If this makes you think of adom, you play it too much.

My (second) hurhtling priest with pets still alive. Finished UC leading to HMV and found a Cave bear to tame in UC. It's a great pet for the very beginning of the game and I still have the giant Ant Queen. I often find in UC some Lightning Lizard to tame, not this time but I couldn't explore the sort of Vault in one UC level because it was on the other part of a river. Go search logs and build a bridge was too much time lost, I gave up.

I level up to 7 and a game bug probably stole me 2 levels of Skills, PP and Hits increase. Ha well, despite middle stats and unremarkable equipment this char is doing well.

At HMV, I hadn't enough money to buy the flesh golem (nice pet for the beginning of the game, immune to poison and probably in average, less aggressive than other pets, something that keep it alive better).

After that I lead to CoC, there I lost the GAQ after few levels, but before it helps well for a bee hive, but a part where it got critically injured and failed in the berserz bug (pet lost 3 DV but number of attack is multiplied by 2). When the GAQ died the Cave Bear had reach a better level, enough to be my pet here in CoC first levels. I also tamed the Giant Bee Queen of the hive found but didn't keep it for long and lt it close to some stuff stored, this pet is cool because it flies but its DV, number of attacks and damages are too low.

During those first levels of CoC I also go a trapped cloth, weird no way to remove it and it is [0, 0]. has I have more alignment changes, I'll perhaps use gods to put it in aches if I don't find any item destruction spell.

I reach the big cave relatively easily. Here I managed to get 4 permanent squares of herbs but not really the kind I would like. I got a white altar the level above the big room, perfect to do a precrowning. So I stick a little to the big room to collect few herbs and many corpse I cooked and sacced. I level up to 8 and get a precrowning, first time I ever do one! Cool I got the Crown of Leadership, perfect for pets.

I didn't menage that well my burdenning so if I raised ST to 18 my DX also lost 3 points to 14. I could do a few morgia training and improved a little TO and WI, alas I didn't succeed to make a right square of herbs. This phase last a little long but I also got a karmic lizard tamed, a tiger cave and a lion cave. I let the lion and tiger at arena level but keep the lizard in big room with the cave bear.

Now I got the precrown, I got the nice surprise to have the Cave bear Level 22 (first level named "very experienced") and the Karmic lizard level 10 probably soon 11 with 2 attacks instead of only one.

Now I'll go deeper to reach dwarf town. The level bellow the big room is a "I feel excited" level, cool but a bit too soon for the Karmic lizard, I'll have to take more care of it if I want be sure to keep it more.

EDIT:
    At this point I found more book and got the best books for pet support, more Cure Light Wounds, Etheral Bridge, Calm Monster, Disarm Trap, Light, Divine Digger, Bless and multiple Baptism of fire (cool to spell attack without to worry hurt pets). The book I really regret to not have find yet is the Atlas spell to solve my carrying problems.

Calm Monster has been a great help to manage alignment and makes it drop from L+ to L for post crowning, it's much more fast and easy than taming for getting chaos points.

During those CoC first levels I also worn a trapped cloth, weird I can't remove it and it provides no bonus. I'll perhaps use gods to destroy it if i don't find any item destruction spell. Anyway I'll have to change alignment to N.
    Last edited by Doalag; 04-12-2008 at 03:15 AM.

> BTW, anyone have any tips on how to take down a greater karmic vault?

It's probably not a good idea to melee a vault of
    karmics. Invisibility plus magic missile will rule a
    vault of karmics. You shouldn't take a hit. If you
    have the slow monster spell, consider slowing
    yourself down for that fight. You will recieve
    tremendous amounts of exp. points, gaining
    many exp. levels.

Slowing yourself down gives you more exp. after killing monsters?

Yes. In current version of Adom difference is not as huge as it was in 1.0.0, but it's still noticable.

The XP is doubled if you turn the monster invisible.
    Last edited by Nezur; 04-14-2008 at 08:27 AM.

Scroll 14 posts backwards; I already explained it. Placing invisibility on yourself will give you half exp, placing invisibility on THEM will always give you double.

Speed is something else. The faster you get, the less exp the monsters give you. Did you notice that in GB (in talents section) it says that the 'speed' talents come with an "exp hit"? Well that's it. But yes, slow yourself down just before striking the killing blow, and since you are half of your speed, you'll get double exp. Wear boots of slow shuffle too! And an armour of sloth. If you can survive to land the final strike, you'll get more exp that you could dream of (approx 10x which gives a million or two from greated non-unique enemies). But goblins and kobolds still only give 100 exp when they're level 100, so dont count on THEM.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼