Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interview with Thomas Biskup at Roguetemple

"1d20+bonuses to 1(d20+bonuses)".
    Andy, I don`t want to be rude, because I respect you for yer work done on guide book but can you please tell me the difference between 1d20+bonuses and 1(d20+bonuses)? I really didnt get it.

EDIT: we roll d20 and get 10 for examole
    bonus is.. lets say 5
    so we have 1*10+5 = 15 and 1*(10+5) = 15
    me no understander, no sirrah
    Last edited by boris_pankov@inbox.ru; 09-17-2009 at 06:59 AM.

Default Dice

Quote Originally Posted by boris_pankov@inbox.ru View Post
    "1d20+bonuses to 1(d20+bonuses)".
    Andy, I don`t want to be rude, because I respect you for yer work done on guide book but can you please tell me the difference between 1d20+bonuses and 1(d20+bonuses)? I really didnt get it.
    Dice are explained in the manual, but I'll explain some anyway: in the former formula first you roll one 20-sided die and then add the bonus. In the latter, you roll a die that has 20+bonus sides: if the bonus is 10, you roll a 30-sided die.

EDIT: In the former formula,if the bonus is +10, the result is always 11 or higher. In the latter, the minimum remains 1.
    Last edited by Laukku; 09-17-2009 at 07:08 AM.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Oh! I see now of course its looks like this: 1*d(20+bonuses)
    it was just "(" in the wrong place ))))

2nd part of the interview is now up:

http://www.roguetemple.com/interview...p-adom-part-2/

Includes some talk on development of iADOM, JADE, and mention of an ADOM prequel that he coded many years ago but never quite finished.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Wow, that's the first time I have ever seen TB. And is iAdom supposed to be an Iphone app? Because I love the idea!
    When in darkness, you can always see the light (unless you're in ADOM)

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    mention of an ADOM prequel that he coded many years ago but never quite finished.
    It's called JDND, and is probably the secret J**D project he mentioned a few years ago in his blog: http://www.adom.de/blog/2008/02/08/g...-side-tracked/
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].