Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I found a bug or two

one of the more interesting aspects of the ice caves is the invisible ice bridges I found in it. You might come to an uncrossable canyon inside the caves dropping down what has to be a good 500 feet. But fear not! Just seach around and you'll find the start of an invisible ice bridge somewhere. I've heard that the "alert" talent can help with this alot, it finally found a good use. Just search search search and you'll eventually get a message "There appears to be some kind of footing to the west, but you cant quite make it out" Just dont be like me and cross with a full backpack, guess it follows the same rules as ice bridges you make over water. first YASD in adom2 for me =(

Duh. I seem to have taken a wrong turn at... Well, no idea, overmap is finally generated randomly (but now we dont even know what we will walk into). Yeah F50, if you say that it's DoF and not CoF, I'll believe you. ADOM2 could get a better way to display room names (unlike ADOM1 where you could only see room name when you 'Q'uit or... 'D'ie).

Most interesting of all seems to be Sradac' find of the canyon. I would like to go see what's on the bottom, but neither was my level high, neither was my perception low, neither did I have climbing at 100, and neither was my willpower sufficient. If someone advances far enough to find out, post it here please. Maybe this seemingly newbie area actually has an entrance to a far more advanced place.

I'm very interested about new regular items and artefacts - keep the thread updated as you find more.

I'll got play a Human Commoner now - they get average stats (but slightly higher learning) and they get random items and skillsets. Hopefully I get digging and a pickaxe this time. See ya!
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Never saw this before. Rolled a new char since my last one took a plument down into an icy cavern. I decided to try something I never have before and that was a hill dwarf bard. I headed into the wilderness to the west of the human city I started in (go figure still starting in human cities) and was trudging along some muddy hills when I stumbled across TWO settlements. But they werent so friendly. Found a kobold settlement and a bugbear one a bit to the south of it. I decided its finally time to test out these diplomacy skills Ive never used before. I went into the kobold camp thinking to myself, they cant be as smart as bugbears maybe I can use my skills and get some information out of them. I went to the center of the little camp, it was kinda pathetic looking everything was covered in mud. Apparently it didnt bother the kobolds too much but it was not the best thing for my outfit. Found the chieftan in the middle and before he could alert the others to strike me down I struck up a conversation with him. After a bit of persuasion intimidation and even bribery I found out the bugbears have actually pushed them out of their home which is where they are now, a small little village. I told them if I helped get rid of the bugbear problem there had better be something in it for me, and all he said was something about "Our shaman knows many a thingy or two I knows he knows lots of the elements! He will teach you our ways!"
    Not sure if I wanted any "kobold lore" or whatever they think they know I agreed and I also had success with the diplomacy and convinced them to send their whole camp with me as a desperate surprise attack. Well the battle was longer than expected eventually we got rid of the bugbears. The shaman approached me and told me "Now I will teach you a little bit about the elements around us!" He taught me a lightning jolt spell, that worthless blue lightning that creeps on your body they all throw at us all the time...a waste I thought to myself and began to left "Waits! I no teaches you about the earth under us!" After several hours passed he taught me a bit about geomancy and I could now bring the earth under neath me to my use! I love being a bard! So far I can only bring an earthen shield about me to soak a bit of damage and bring up a dust storm to blind enemies, im guessing it lowers their to-hit chance, but I cant wait till I get more advanced in geomancy and be able to bring huge stalagmites outa the ground under enemies, bring together rocks and crush enemies from above, and who knows what else I could do with this. Lets hope I dont die too soon from now

(Geomancy would be a really cool skill to put in like an elementalist cept it only focuses on earth magic!)

I have finally found the Labyrinths of Eternal Wandering...

It is hidden beneath the Tiny Cavern. A staircase is hidden in a separate room on the "last" level (3rd usually), similiar to the assassin guild in ADOM1. I found it by accidentally reading a scroll of magic mapping instead of another scroll. The stairs lead to "Dark Cavern", which has normal-sized maps instead of the tiny ones in the TC. Be careful, it has a higher danger level than TC!

In DC there are quite many branches, one leading to a city of a random race. The city is useful for getting piety and equipment. According to an inhabitant of the city and a fortune cookie, the Shield of Invulnerability is hidden in the Labyriths of Eternal Wandering. The stairs leading to the LoEW are around DC:20, if I remember correctly.

The Labyrinths are a trickier place than I thought. The levels are non-teleport, non-diggable, don't allow magic mapping, and finally, NO monsters or items are generated there. I have been wandering there 3 days real time now, and my stomafillias are starting to run out (had 300 at first).

I'm right now at the second part: The levels consist of one 3x3 room with 2-9 staircases, each one leading to a different room/level. Every level/room looks the same, and when I realized what this is all about and started dropping items, I had already got lost. This is harder than 1st part, where most of the challenge is in exploring the huge maze maps and avoiding false levels. I'm sure I don't have enough food to reach the end of the Labyrinth nor find the way back.

Most interesting of all seems to be Sradac' find of the canyon. I would like to go see what's on the bottom, but neither was my level high, neither was my perception low, neither did I have climbing at 100, and neither was my willpower sufficient. If someone advances far enough to find out, post it here please.
    Did you try rings of the bird? I think they would enable you to fly to the bottom.

Maybe this seemingly newbie area actually has an entrance to a far more advanced place.
    Well I don't know, but this certainly has happened to the Tiny Cavern.
    Last edited by Laukku; 04-19-2008 at 04:29 PM.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Default What? Did I kill this thread?

Well, he died of starvation... I'm trying with a new character now, Mazer the air elf. (We have mountain elves, hill elves, sea elves, lake elves, water elves, pond elves... Do we actually need that many kinds of elves? :P) I got a blessed girdle of greed, used dragon gold doubling and polymorphed into a gold bug (they eat gold you know, they are annoying in royal vaults). Then I went to LoEW with a girdle of greed and 6 209 925 264 624 gold pieces. I won't run out of food this time...

I'm dropping gold to keep track where I have been. Mazer has now went further than the previous char: 3rd part of LoEW was similiar to 2nd, but stairs led in a different room than you came from. A certain staircase led always to the same room, though. And now I'm in a part where the floors are filled with junk items that are so heavy that you can't take them. Must have been designed for players who drop something else than gold. I can still drop gold, but it must be dropped on (almost) every single tile, so they won't mix with pre-existing gold.
    Last edited by Laukku; 04-26-2008 at 06:46 PM.
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

We took a different turn somewhere. Did you start out chaotic? I started with L++ so I got an easy access to a tower. It's the ID. After chaos was vanquished after an ULE, ID reverted back to Tower of Order (ToO). That tower is damn huge! I understand how something can go 32.000 floors below the ground, but above it?... There's a plenty of Greater White Unicorns, Greater Blink Dog Scouts, and Shining Solars of Searing Light. They're all non-hostile because I'm of their alignment. Shops can be generated, but you better buy whatever you want while in there cuz once you leave, they're lost. Dont try to scum the stairs. I thought that it'd be as easy as in ADOM, but abuse of such can take away Tctr from you, and may give you a Rapid Teleportitis of Annoyment (similar to robbing shops in ADOM, you get Dooming of Cursing. but when you get these two, you'll wish you got dooming and cusing instead). There is a special level on ToO 132 that features reduction of corruption while you spend time on it. It also features balconies from which you can see most of the wilderness, and from which you can also jump off. For fun.

As a side note, Tower of Order is always visible on wilderness map. You can see it from anywhere, duh! While on the topic, I'll mention another tower.

The entrance line says, "You are overcome with old memories." and it's the Tower of Khelavaster II the Destroyer. The whole place is a huge flashback. At 2nd level I saw Emperor Moloch and got the quest (on sight) to slay it. By the time I got there, a neutral named WMoPC attacked it and killed it. I got the quest complete anyway, but I would have loved getting the experience from the kill instead. The WMoPC was named "LrIg yNiT" but otherwise looks like any other WMoPC. If someone can analyse the name, post it!! It looks oddly familiar, I just cant place it.

4th level had searing flames. I didnt explore it, of course! I rushed to the stairways which were generated in the room nearby. I ended on 5th level. I got two guaranteed artefacts there. I found the New Axe of Minotaur Emperor the Bullheaded (+36,6d11+18) [12.000s] but it autocursed and Holy water does not work, and its so damn heavy (help plz); and the artefact Big Lunch [800s] which you can feed from and it doesnt run out, but it consumes quite some game time, and you can be interrupted by monsters. My food worries are also over though.

I didnt go further because I wanted to go see as many areas as possible. I regret it now. If someone climbs the top of Tower of Khelavaster II the Destroyer, let me know. I'm interested!!
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Looks oddly familiar too.... Tiny Girl? Hmmm wonder if the tiny girl was actually this wyvern originally, maybe she was there testing the heroes of the drakalor chain before to see who was "worthy"?

Hey, Big Lunch sounds excactly like something I need in the Labyrinth! No need to play as a gold bug now!:D I'm going to visit Khelly II's tower with my next char!

To get rid of the axe, you could polymorph into a creature that doesn't have hands. Get an amulet of polymorph control and drink from pools hoping for a poly effect. Be careful what you choose: worms are so weak that you can get crushed even with 100s. I suggest giant snakes.

I think the tiny girl thing was discovered in another forum years ago. HoF? Newsgroup?

Mazer has reached the end of the Labyrinths of EW... Past the final part where maps changed every once in a while. Found a message with the excact location of the Shield of invulnerability... duh. Now when I think of it, the cookie message and the NPC said "The secret of the Shield of Invulnerability is hidden in the Labyrinths of Eternal Wandering.", not the Shield itself. But now I can't reach the way out. I keep magically trapped there wandering in circles. Guess I should have brought some means of dispelling the curse with me. Back to the drawing board...

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    The Labyrinths are a trickier place than I thought. The levels are non-teleport, non-diggable, don't allow magic mapping, and finally, NO monsters or items are generated there. I have been wandering there 3 days real time now, and my stomafillias are starting to run out (had 300 at first).
    They can be mapped by zapping the wands of Knowledge. At least I got one level mapped that way, don't know if there's some mechanism that allows it on some levels and stops it on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ars View Post
    They can be mapped by zapping the wands of Knowledge. At least I got one level mapped that way, don't know if there's some mechanism that allows it on some levels and stops it on others.
    Really? Maybe it is allowed on the first couple of levels, then it gets more difficult. First time I went there, the stairs were near to each other in 2 first levels, so I didn't try to map them. This is something that needs testing. Mappable mazes could even be a different branch inside LoEW.

Mazer has died officially now. I kept getting messages about feeling separated from the rest of the world, then got "You climb down the stairs. You were never seen again...".

Here's the .flg file:

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

#############  ###
    #<..........####.#
    #####.#####......#
        #.#   #.######
    #####.#   #.#...#
    #.....#   #.#.#.#
    #.###.#   #...#.#
    #i# #.#   #####.#
    ### #..       ###
        ###

Mazer      St: 2  Le: 0  Wi: 0  Dx:67  To:29  Ch: 1  Ap: 1  Ma:18  Pe:37 O U+
    DV/PV: 46/28  H: 78(78)  P: 144(144)  Exp: 20/497251  LoEW  M: 25362723256568

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      Inventory
    Total weight: 62099104622 stones     Carrying capacity: 124198209230 stones

Head          : -
    Neck          : -
    Body          : -
    Girdle        : blessed girdle of greed [+0, +0]                       [7s]
    Cloak         : -
    Claws         : -
    1st Feet      : -
    2nd Feet      : -
    3rd feet      : -
    Missile weapon: -
    Missiles      : -
    Tool          : -

Stuff

Total weight: 62099104615 stones     Carrying capacity: 124198209230 stones

Valuables ('$')
       6209910461579 gold pieces                                 [62099104615s]

His achievements during his adventures:

Mazer, the gold bug (air elf originally), was doomed to roam the Labyrinths
    of Eternal Wandering forever.
    He scored 130014 points and advanced to level 20.
    He survived for 164 years, 247 days, 18 hours, 35 minutes and 10 seconds
    (25362723256568 turns).
    Mazer visited 72 places (239025 Labyrith levels).
    He ended his adventuring life somewher in the Labyriths of Eternal Wandering.
    898 monsters perished under his attacks.
    He possessed the following intrinsics:
      He was fire resistant.
      He was poison resistant.
      He was cold resistant.
      He was lucky.
      Fate smiled upon him.
      He was able to control teleportation.
      He was shock resistant.
    He had a final speed score of 115 (final base speed: 115).
    He was not particularly religious.
    He asked for 1 divine intervention.
    He had an alignment of Order and Uncaring.
    Last edited by Laukku; 04-28-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Changed @ to i and modified alignment