Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I found a bug or two

I recently got it too. Great game. Anyone has any tips on using herbs there? Some fortune cookie told me "The key to omnipotence lies in the weed", and I'm really wondering whether it has to do with the herbs.

There seem to be a lot more types now, and the one I just ate apparently made my spleen explode and now I'm losing HP and the bleeding won't stop. I only have a liver figurine of wondrous power, so I don't know how I can solve this. YASD again, or do you have any idea? I've got some unidentified crystals, think I should use them? Maybe I already have one of the "crystals of uncertain fate". I heard they give you a wish instead of a gruesome death more often if I let both a chaotic and a lawful god bless them, is that true?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

It's your own fault. A cookie message from ADOM once said, "Dont believe all they say." Identify all the herbs before you eat. Whichever you identify as a pansy, let me have it! I love them >.> And about your "Maybe I already have one", I can already foretell that you'll have the same luck as with the herbs - you'll use the wrong gem.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Thanks, Elone, you're probably right. Oh well. Have to try the gem... Oh!

Quick - do I wish for "spleen" or "spleen figurine of wondrous power" or won't either work? Maybe I should wish for a bowtie of regeneration to survive the HP loss. Any thoughts?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Wish for Health. Heals everything, including poison, broken boens, sickness, confusion, and the rest.

Of course, you could also wish for Wealth instead of Health. But of what good is money to a dead person? Keep us updated. Oh boy, I miss my old ADOM1. In ADOM1, everything was SOOO simple and easy...
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Thanks, that worked. But I lost some points of toughness nevertheless. Maybe it is because I have to live without a spleen now. I guess I'll retrain toughness a bit with morgia and regain my spleen later when I find a spleen figurine of wondrous power.

It got me thinking. If you have a sufficient amount of organ figurines, you can use the right herbs to let the organ explode, train up toughness with morgia, and then recover your organ with the figurines. Combined with sickness training, that should work wonders.

Anyway, I'm going to go look for the Chaos Orb of Elemental Acid. I was in there once before, but I died to one of the partially dissolved dungeon floor squares that let me drop into a pool of sulfuric acid... Man, I have never died to an ice bridge breaking in the first game, that one really pissed me off. Oh well.

Yeah, I know, if I haven't found scrolls of identify yet, it doesn't look good. You have to admit, they're really fucking rare. I read a scroll of amnesia three times - don't laugh at me! Haven't you seen that if you read one of these, all the labels get reshuffled? It blows! - and still none of my random scroll reading got me the identify one.

I'm really confident about the tower, though. I'm going to equip that artifact my carpenter got just crowned with: The Basic Morningstar. I greater identified it (I'm drowning in these right now, it blows), and it's an acid creature slayer! Hope to get spiffy results.

Learn Detect Traps skill from head of the Thieves Guild, Silent Skriek the Sly Stealer.

Elemental orb of Acid did not appear in ADOM1. I KNEW that (because it was missing) Creator had bigger plans for it in the future.

Find a lot of stacked rings. Find the Spear of Raw Steel and dip some potions into it. You'll get Potions of Raw Chaos. Dip your stack of rings into it and it will hopefully create Rings of Djinni Summoning. Do NOT use blessed potions of exchange. All items you dip into them, will be cursed. And wands of wishing, spellbooks of Wish, and RoDS can never be generated this way.

Wish for Scrolls of Identify. Or dont! It could be fun playing with an unidentified inventory. If your level of mazochism is sufficient. >.>
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

You went into the Acid Temple without a floating spell or an periapt of flight? Wow man, talk about making life difficult for yourself... I mean yeah, you could try the resitricted inventory option, but trying to get through without ultimatium plate armour (which weighs 3500s on its own) is suicide since the Greater Acid Vortices will melt everything else. And you *need* that protection against the numerous Chaos Monstrosities, not to mention the Devouring Chaos Slug.

I've just gotten myself into the biggest pickle ever in this game. Seriously, TB has a twisted mind with some of these quests...

Last game I had there was a cool dungeon I found late-game where I found loads of nice loot guarded by a balor and lots of powerful minions (ended up dying in the Tower of Order that game whilst doing the quest to revive the Chaos Lords). Decided to go that dungeon earlier on this game, but couldn't find anything in that part of the map other than a little town (which wasn't there last time - odd, I thought, since I hear in spite of random maps actual random towns won't exist till next version).

Well I went in and spoke to the town leader, who said his daughter had gone missing. No problem I thought, standard fetch quest - went off to find her. Shopkeeper told me a rumour about some cult to the west, checked them out, and sure enough the girl's at the bottom of the dungeon nearby. She was held on an altar of some sort with a bunch of mad goons chanting and stuff - killed them all easily enough (though one of them cursed my helm of farseeing and I had no holy water, so I was fighting blind till one of them dropped a scroll of uncursing). The girl was in hysterics and refused to move till I found her some clothes, so I stole one of the robes from a dead goon and brought her back to town... where they tried to burn her at the stake! Managed to rescue her from the mob (took some effort - she said at first she wanted to die, that she was unclean or something), and she asked to go to Ferston where her aunt lived. But when I got there she fell ill.

The aunt told me to take her to a healer in the city, but when the guy examined her it turned out she was pregnant... The girl confessed and told me she'd been raped by some sort of demon-god! So I followed the healer's quest to get some herbs to make some sort of abortion mixture (which had to be done in a certain number of days - don't even want to think about what happens if you fail that) and took it back. Girl drinks the mixture, starts screaming and wailing, and then dies (shit!) before a... thing breaks out. I'm suddenly getting messages saying "The demon foetus misses you". I pondered the ethics of this and decided it was best to fight back.

Big mistake.

"You hit the demon foetus. Suddenly you can't move! The demon foetus hits you. You drop to the ground. The demon foetus critically hits you. Your uncursed meteor steel armour is destroyed! The demon foetus crawls towards you, its tiny eyes glowing red. The demon foetus slowly chews open a hole in your abdomen. You gaze down in shock and horror, unable to move as the demon foetus slowly crawls inside you. As waves of terror flood your mind you pass out....

...You wake up. Your wounds have healed, but you have an unsettled feeling inside."

The status line has now updated to say.... "Pregnant" Oh dear... I decide to talk to the healer, which turns out to be a bad idea:

"Martis, the gnomish healer looks at you in fear. 'P-please, keep away!' You are about to tell him everything's okay when suddenly your hands move of their own volition. You hit Martis, the gnomish healer and critically injure him. Martis, the gnomish healer bleeds from his wounds."

Crap! I quickly change my inventory from the obsidian halberd Annihilator to two shields, but the healer runs out of the house. I exit after him and get the following messages:

"Martis, the gnomish healer screams for help. City guards appear out of nowhere! Martis, the gnomish healer dies. [+137 xp] The city guard shouts "Stop, criminal!" The city guard hits you. The city guard hits you. The city guard hits you. The city guard hits you. The city guard shouts "Stop, criminal!" The city guard hits you. The city guard misses you. The city guard hits you. The city guard critically hits you."

I'm low on HP, two guards are whupping my ass and five more are nearby. Had no choice but to heal and cast water ball on them (they all drowned instantly), and then the whole damned city became hostile! Managed to get to the edge of the city and teleport past the city walls (gates were surrounded by hostile guards).

So now I'm in a right pickle. The whole of Ferston is hostile (and I haven't finished the King's quest yet - no doubt that's not possible now). I can maybe get in and out using teleportation or the sewers and access the northern black market, but it's locked off a lot of things from me. But more frightening is that I have a demon-god child growing inside me! And my character's a bloke! Maybe a woman would have an easier time of this (perhaps even get a loving demon-god son out of the deal) but I can foresee big problems when this thing wants delivery. I keep getting fits that cause damage, and I'm getting stat reductions as I go along (major downage in speed and strength at the moment). Everything blessed I touch becomes cursed, which is a bloody nuisance and a half. I could maybe get more of the herbs that I used on the girl, but I don't have the healer to make me a potion of abortion and even when I tried it on the girl before she wound up dead.

Advice please? The is the furthest character I've gotten, even managing to kill the dark sorceror Yggaz and securing the Temple of Ice. I really don't want to die to some damned unborn demon-god!

well i have found that the Mad Mistress keeps a stack of potions of abortion around just in case, so maby try and swipe some off her - can't help you on the resulting death unless you manage to find a mule of life saving (said to wander randomly in the wilderness)
    best of luck on your game. You might get the town people back to non hostile if you get the changed looks mutation, but i hear it rarely occurs. another option is to wish for plastic surgery, but i am told there will be a long time off sickness involved, and you might always die on the spot... your call

...interesting that you talked about it *now* - I met that mule just this moment!
    It sent me away ("Return when you are in danger!"), although I had only 2 HP left and was poisoned! Definately a bug. But it seems that this mule stopped moving around - I had no time to check twice.

Grey's quest is somewhat... disturbing. He must have had access to the quest editor. Cuz this isnt stuff that Creator would ever put into his game...
    ▼ All their fault. ▼