Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I found a bug or two

Default I found a bug or two

As soon as I entered the first level of the fire cave, a hostile fire drake started attacking me, but it soon became tame for no good reason. I noticed it when I kept attacking it, and then I got the "Do you really wanna splatter this poor overgrown firebreathing red lizard?" thingy, or something along those lines. I noticed that some dungeon features are not generated as they should be, for instance, one door got generated as brown (wood) instead of grey (iron). I encountered the same door bug a bit further into the dungeon. Also, the equipment destruction is huge, my books of frost bolt, clw, the out-of-depth spellbook of major teleportation, and most of my scrolls burned away while I fought that drake. Wasnt this area supposed to be for starters who dont have access to fproof blankets, ice rings, and ice gloves yet? I havent set my foot into its counterpart (ice cave) cuz they say it's buggy, but how about placing some guaranteed anti-fire equips, if there arent some already?

door_bug.png

Notice the different door colours. Maybe this is a feature and not a bug? Also, the drake is standing on the staircase to wilderness.

Edit: ...oops. Please ignore all this. >.>
    Last edited by Elone; 04-05-2008 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Oops.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

is this Adom?

Has been Jade released?

I never won a Adom game...

Quote Originally Posted by Elone View Post
    Edit: ...oops. Please ignore all this. >.>
    *NOW* i am curious.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Oooohhh!!!! *raises an eyebrow*

Meh - whatever, now. Might as well say a bit or two, this time about currently existing items in ADOM2.

Finally found an artefact - Ring of the Master Bat [+7,-7] (2,4). It's a random artefact at this time, but will be a reward for not killing any bats later on, Master Bat will give you one (else he will be hostile). Allows you to float, avoiding water, pits, and other traps and ground effects but you cant pick any items from the ground. Autocurses every 3d4 turns; it has no bad effects while cursed, other than being irremovable.

Shield of Raw Deal is said to already be around, it calculates PV and DV randomly whenever you're attacked, ranging from 50% to 150%. Those percents vary with B/U/C of the shield.

I'm waiting for the long-awaited Spellbook of Neutralise Potion ("a transparent tome" when unidentified) to be implemented. It will turn any potion (or a stack) into a potion of water (retaining the original potion's B/U/C status).

Whether these get implemented or not, depends on user feedback.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Ah, fakeposts about ADOM2, a time honored tradition since the days of the roguelike google groups.

Default Tannis!!!

That was not polite nor nice of you. I have an exact and a good reason for posting all this, and it's to get people involved into some fun roleplay, while still being as creative and realistic as possible.

In the roguelike google groups which you mentioned, people play along instead, and have a lot of fun in the process!

But you had to ruin it.

One line of mine will hold true: Whether these get implemented or not, depends on user feedback! Occasionally a good idea or two will surface. I only think that it's bad to start a whole thread about an unimportant detail, and troll it into inflating to something bigger than it is.

Bah - anyone who reads this, message me with your thoughts if you have any? =/
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Well, egg on my face. Didn't realize we were meant to play along. With that said, ignore my post above and.........

*ahem*

The reason your equipment is burning up so badly is because you're doing it out of order. Sure, the ice caves are slightly buggy, but it's primarily an issue with stairs and map generation. If you have magic mapping and a wand of digging you should be able to do the ice caves even if the stairs are generated inside a wall.

And that's where you find your guaranteed ice gear. When an ice troll leaves a corpse, use the survival skill to butcher the body for its hide. The ice troll hide doubles as a fire proof blanket! If you're lucky enough to get a second ice troll hide save it for later since it can be smithed into a kick ass armor that gives you elemental resistances and increased regeneration.

Or so I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Elone View Post
    ...for instance, one door got generated as brown (wood) instead of grey (iron)...
    I am not sure if either door type would be appropriate for that cave, as one burns while the other melts. Needs revising I guess.
    Wasnt this area supposed to be for starters who don't have access to fireproof blankets, ice rings, and ice gloves yet?
    Uh, it looks like you are in the DoF (dungeon of fire) and not the fire cave. The fire cave actually isn't filled with fire, just has fire lizards around and such. The item destruction is still nasty-ish, and a fireproof blanket is recommended though. Its ok for a starting cave, but I would suggest being level 6 at least if you don't wish for a quick death. The orc pits offer a much faster and safer start, just make sure to go with the Dwarves if you are friendly to them, or Grobash and his gang if you aren't and they'll keep you from being overwhelmed.

The DoF is *definitely* for after the ice cave, I am surprised you survived long enough to *fight* the drake.
    Last edited by F50; 04-16-2008 at 11:27 PM.

Ice troll blankets are a bad idea, you wouldn't want your blanket coming back to life now would you...