Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rare monsters

Animated armor is a dime a dozen in Darkforge...
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Greater titan and greater moloch are probably tied; I have seen each only
    once
    I remember finding a greater moloch at the bottom of the rift (but never greater titans), never knew they are that rare.

Quote Originally Posted by kordi
    For me the rarest one is defenitely a Djini .
    Good one, do they even spawn randomly? How about random Solars, do they exist? I've also never seen a Holy Slayer yet.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Either I play a lot more than I think, or I've been really "lucky" with seeing a lot of the more rare monsters. I've seen Titans and even Greater Titans fairly regularly, (although I usually run unless I've got giant slaying ammo and teleport on demand). I do remember narrowly escaping YASD trying to to toe-to-toe with my first Titan encounter.

Grey Slayers aren't all that rare, but Black, and particularly Holy Slayers seem much less common. And now that Sadface mentions it, I don't think I've ever seen a Great Black Wyrm either. Eternium and Diamond Golems are both pretty uncommon. (I think the latter should drop gems when killed. Seems obvious to me.)

Fairy Dragons are pretty uncommon, but notable in that they're not particularly high-level. I rarely see them, but most of the times I have, it's been fairly early in the game - like Puppy Cave, Village Dungeon, early.

I can only remember seeing 2 Ki-Rin's.
    You hear the cries of the crowd: "Freebird!! Freebird!! Freebird!!"

You play some tunes on your lute.

Holy crap. I've never seen a solar I think... You only get them by pissing off lawful deities hard, correct? Because I've never done that.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Ki-rin. Once in the rift.

Don't recall seeing eternium golems.

Will o' wisps aren't so common but are definetly more common than the above stated.

One Ki'rin for me as well. No Solars. I've seen lots of Titans/Greater Titans and Greater Molachs. Only saw Andor Drakon once. Died.

I met a Ki-rin with a winning character of mine. It was in the lower levels of CoC though. Never met one before or after that.
    Master thieves I see in like every game, the same goes for Iron golems.
    In a current game with a DElven beastfighter I encountered a tension room of Great karmic wyrms.
    That was in DH: 2.
    Suddenly a stream of acid pours down from the ceiling! The cute dog is horribly mutilated by the acidic fluids! The cute dog dies!

Never seen a solar. Not sure I ever saw an eternium golem either. Possibly once in the rift, but I don't remember for sure.

Lowest DL I ever found a Ki-rin is probably the air temple.

Willo-the-wisps are like buses... you can wait for ages and never see one, then several come along at once.

As far as I know, eternium golems are only available in golem vaults. Seen a couple.

Ki-rins, one that I remember, in the bunny level.

No solars IIRC.

elder chaos god is the rarest!!!