Thread: Found SotD and The Wall, but as a duelist

Default Found SotD and The Wall, but as a duelist

Title's pretty explanatory. High Elf duelist w black whip of extinction, but after a really good Darkforge run I ended up with a SotD and the Wall. I'm wondering if it's worth it to abandon my duelist perks for the sake of the crazy good equipment.

There's also the option of using SotD as a thrown weapon, though I'm not sure how good that would work

Duelist perks are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than The wall. Just use silence of the dead instead of the whip, your proficiency will quickly catch up. It’s not all about dv, your class let’s you penetrate armor, gain 2 dv per weapon skill rank and at grand mastery your energy cost will let you hit an enemy like 2 extra times versus what you could when using shield.

Absolutely do not use the shield. Dagger's worth wielding over the whip though, and it's not the worst idea to carry around a returning missile weapon anyway.

Well, it depends on your level. Prior to level 12, you are definitely better off using that shield. From level 12 onwards, the Duelist perks are progressively getting stronger. In the endgame it is a no-brainer, then the duelist skills are way better. But there may be some tradeoff in the early midgame.
    I would probably ditch the shield around level 18.

So, yeah. Since you just did DF, maybe it is worth to play around with the Wall for a while.. but not for long, in any case.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.