Thread: 'Uncaring' monsters

Default 'Uncaring' monsters

Hello. I am after the elusive True Strength. I love playing law-abiding dwarven paladins. Nearly had it before, until I screwed up in the late game (attacked a fleeing creature on lower 40's in CoC).

Does anyone know if killing, or attacking, a monster that is 'uncaring' or 'a little hostile' a chaotic act? I know killing a peaceful is obviously chaotic. The wiki states "Attacking and killing an NPC or monster that was not initially hostile (the player will be prompted before carrying out this attack)." A monster that is 'uncaring' is technically not hostile but the player is not prompted about attack.

Attacking and killing uncaring and slightly hostile monsters isn't chaotic. Killing a peaceful monster isn't necessarily chaotic. Directly attacking one with melee or ranged, or hitting one with a ball is chaotic, but hitting and/or killing them with bolts or "proper" missiles targeted on a different square isn't chaotic. Also, attacking panicking monsters isn't chaotic; you messed something else up.