Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Unofficial Weekly Challenge

Good job yhal! But now I've updated the save to be a bit more difficult >:D. It's not the prettiest fix, but it should now necessitate the fancier, intended solution for the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    Good job yhal! But now I've updated the save to be a bit more difficult >. It's not the prettiest fix, but it should now necessitate the fancier, intended solution for the first half.
    I think it made a puzzle a bit easier because there is less freedom . Still fun though . How do you make those puzzles? Do use use tools of some kind, or is it just exploration mode and hack the save with hex editor later?

Just exploration mode with Cheat Engine for memory editing. AFAIK there aren't any AdomBot-type programs for the current versions, but on the plus side there are more in-game tools and locations to work with than in 1.1.1.

Puzzle 2
    Reach FC: 1 with the attached save.

This one takes inspiration from one of Jellyslayer's puzzles, but it does have some "modern" twists. There are at least two distinct solutions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Puzzle 2
    Reach FC: 1 with the attached save.

This one takes inspiration from one of Jellyslayer's puzzles, but it does have some "modern" twists. There are at least two distinct solutions.

Last edited by yhal003; 10-18-2019 at 03:41 AM.

Heh, well that's actually a third solution!

My solutions:

Solution #1 should almost always work. Solution #2 is somewhat less reliable.

Heh, well that's actually a third solution!
    And there is another one

Week 23 Standings
    Code:
    1. Ravski .................... 10 pts

Time to kick off season two! I'm trying out a few changes to hopefully make the challenges a bit more approachable.
    1. Challenges are going to be open for at least two weeks rather than just one.
    2. Challenges will now have some required conditions in addition to the milestones/challenges used for score. These will generally be things that are difficult to accidentally mess up, and should hopefully be enough to make things interesting without being too extreme in difficulty.
    3. I've added an easier first milestone.

Week 23

Character
    Gnome Wizard

Requirements
    Code:
    Use one of the attached saves to play
    Do not drink any potions of exchange
    Each save has 99/99 in one attribute and 1/1 in all others. The saves are in exploration mode, so they will not produce high scores.

Scoring
    Challenges
    Code:
    3 pts - use the Charisma save
    2 pts - use the Mana or Appearance save
    1 pts - use the Perception or Learning save
    3 pts - never increase your base attribute scores
    Only one submission per player is counted, so the maximum number of challenge points is 6. Attribute bonuses from equipment and corruptions, and temporary attribute bonuses are allowed. Note that crowning will increase your base attribute scores.

Milestones
    Code:
    1 pt - generate the si
    1 pt - generate an elemental orb
    1 pt - generate two elemental orbs
    1 pt - win the game
    Submissions
    Include a final log file as well as the score you are claiming. You can either post this here, or tag me in a message on the roguelikes discord. Submissions close after December 16th (as determined by UTC).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Grond; 12-17-2019 at 12:32 AM.