https://www.adom.de/forums/showthrea...265#post117265

Rule Changes
    https://www.adom.de/forums/showthrea...025#post117025

Season One Score Totals
    https://www.adom.de/forums/showthrea...217#post117217

Week 1 Standings
    Code:
    1. acaseyl .................... 8 pts

I'm thinking of running some weekly challenge games. Similar to the official weekly challenge, everyone will be playing the same race/class character, but the challenge will not take place in the infinite dungeon. Runs are scored out of 10 points, with 5 points tracking progress to a win, and 5 points for special challenge conditions.

Character:
    The character for week one will be a hurthling mindcrafter.

Scoring:
    Milestones:
    These conditions track progress towards a win and will not change from week to week.
    Code:
    1 pt  - generate the strange item
    1 pt  - generate the water orb
    1 pt  - generate the fire orb
    2 pts - win the game
    For this purpose any type of ending (something that produces a "further life" section in the final log) counts as a win.

Challenges:
    These will change from week to week. For week one:
    Code:
    1 pt  - win all 50 arena fights
    1 pt  - generate the chain mail of raw steel
    1 pt  - pick up the ring of the high kings without using bridges (wood or ice), levitation, or a staff of parting water
    2 pts - play the game in network mode with tough monsters
    See 6056 for how to set up the network mode challenge. A save file is attached for those that don't have the Steam version and wish to attempt the network mode challenge.

Submissions:
    Include a final log file as well as the score you are claiming. You can either post this here, or tag me in a message on the roguelikes discord. Submissions close after May 13th (as determined by UTC).

Prizes?:
    Just glory; I'll edit this post to include the rankings from week one.

WeekOne.zip
    Last edited by Grond; 12-04-2019 at 11:49 PM.

How do you get the ring without going over the lake? I guess you could have a companion that flies do ??? Earthquake / destruction / get lucky with the door getting trapped?

Maybe...

Boost Toughness + piety scumming for lots of HP prayers?
    A monster or the Skeleton King picks up the ring for you?

Actually just to clarify, once we have picked up the ring, can we use wand of cold et al to get back to dry land again?

You get the ring by swimming of course! Only one prayer for healing should be required (swim, swim, pray, swim), but obviously maximum HP must be quite high. There are a couple of ways to deal with the door.
    There's also an unintended cheap solution that I forgot about when formulating the challenge.
    I don't think there's any way to get another monster to grab the ring for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tallestgirl View Post
    Actually just to clarify, once we have picked up the ring, can we use wand of cold et al to get back to dry land again?
    I'll allow it; braving the waters once will be sufficient for this challenge.

Finished up my run (WeekOne): Part One, Part Two. Ended up sacrificing a wished-for Seraph. Probably should have disallowed that, but on the other hand killing him legit would be a massive problem with super-strong monsters. I'm considering shifting the score weighting for future weeks to focus a bit more on challenges rather than winning; would be interested in seeing what the participants think.

So far I've received one discord submission from acaseyl (Look at this), scoring 8 points (everything except network mode tough monsters).
    Attached Files Attached Files