Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Precrowning and alignment changes

Default Precrowning and alignment changes

Browsed the search results and checked the wiki and I'm not 100% clear on this. I used the method where you go chaotic in hidden mountain city, then angered the chaotic god until I had massive amounts of bug warnings. Left, went to new town and sac'd 1 gold at a time to raise my alignment. Playing a gnome healer and currently level 14.

I precrowned three times as lawful. My question is, if I had PREcrowned as neutral then kept going and switched to lawful, does my god get angry? I know for CROWNED players you become fallen but it doesn't say anywhere if that applies to precrowned as well. I didn't want to risk my game since it's going so well but it would be good info to know for future runs as I'd like to spend some of the earlier game neutral then switch to lawful a bit later for the full crowning.

Going to get the tome of donors now as I find it really handy and no down sides. Have to grab it now or I'll be past the exp restriction on grabbing it.

Well I think I accidentally answered my own question. Was playing with pick pocket on monsters in the tome of donors dungeon and did it on a 'friendly' one and it knocked me down to NL alignment. No message or anything about losing anything, but when I went back up later and went to drop on the lawful altar in the new village I got the 'thanks blah blah' message on a piece of junk. Didn't even notice I had lost alignment until then. I brought my alignment back up into L and I DID notice that all the piety I had built up (was extremely close the entire time, just not enough levels for another precrown and alignment not extreme to crown) was back down to very close.

I have another question related to this. I can't seem to get my lawful piety beyond "<deity> seems to be very close to you.". As stated earlier I used that technique where you make the chaos god super super angry and therefore the others super super happy. I precrowned 3 times all at once and even sac's right after that still were giving me the precrown piety message. However I didn't have L+, only L, so I didn't pray. I havn't lost alignment since then and now 8 levels later (I'm 22) I'm L+ and I've spent almost an hour saccing critters on a lawful altar, donated about 40k gold or so, and 3 artifacts.. Still stuck at <deity> seems to be very close to you..

What am I missing?

The favors, greatly favors, and extremely/absolutely close messages are based on how much piety it takes to pre/post-crown. Since you have precrowned 3 times, these piety levels are extremely high - far higher than the level of piety you need to crown.

So if I had prayed I would have been crowned even though the message wasn't extremely/absolutely close anymore?

Yes. P.S. Treasure Hunter sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by mndfreeze View Post
    Browsed the search results and checked the wiki and I'm not 100% clear on this. I used the method where you go chaotic in hidden mountain city, then angered the chaotic god until I had massive amounts of bug warnings.
    What kind of new sorcery is that? Can you elaborate a little bit please?

See step 8 at https://www.adom.de/forums/showthrea...run-in-1-18-16

it's an...intense manipulation of mult-deity interactions that can get multiple precrowns with no consumption of resources.

What fitz said.

Basically the quick and dirty is you go to high mountain, kill the dwarf and some others to drop your alignment to chaotic then go to the hidden stairs that lead outside and block them. You can either make doors that are locked or hire npcs from the new village and have them wait. You need to make sure you block enough of the tiles that a demon can't see you and shoot fire at you. They won't open locked doors and won't attack waiting, idle, npcs. Once you have those few tiles blocked off you can pray as chaotic over and over and over again and it raises piety with the other 2 gods to max. There are a few stages you have to worry about. One is the auto destruction/cursing of your equipment. Make sure you drop it all on the ground before hand. Another is the damage bolt they hit you with. Make sure you can survive it. I think it does somewhere around 80ish damage. Once you get to the summoning phase you just hold down the button for a minute or so and the entire map gets flooded with summoned greater demons that can't see or reach you. Then just go out the stairs to the world and never go back to high mountain. Go to your nearest altar to sac your alignment back up then pray.

Does the method still work though? I mean in the most recent release?
    I distinctly remember reading the change log and seeing piety overflow fixed. Unless this is something else.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."