Thread: moss of morellion not working??

Default moss of morellion not working??

I've eaten at least 60+ moss by now in this playthrough and I have not gotten a SINGLE dex point. Yes they are uncursed or blessed. Is there some other factor I'm not aware of? I usually eat 4 to 5 at time then run around for a while doing stuff, killing things, etc. I also am using the artifact scagari that returns when thrown which according to the wiki also trains dex.

You need to use the moss instead of eating it.

!@$#%@%

thanks.

Some of the design choices in this game...grumble..

I think the different action actually makes sense but the messages should be different.

Morgia, something like "each bite burns your mouth, throat, and stomach, but with determination, you finish the whole of this healthy root"

And for 'u' marel, something like "you carefully and laboriously separate the tiny stalks, fronds, and blossoms of this moss. What else (other than eating) could you do with it? "

This game isn't great at making things clear with some functionality. The whole idea of 'eat' vs 'use' when it comes to a pile of herbs was confusing. The wiki doesn't say anything about it either, at least not that I saw. A clearer message or even an obvious negative effect would definitely be better. Or the game mechanics should play to the fact and just not let you do it, sort of like you can't just put any ole thing in your tool slot. I think spenseweed and pepper petals do this as well. One can be used a 'tool' the other cannot, but both basically do the same job, to heal you.

I think it's the same as spenseweed where if you try to equip a tool the moss will show up and other herbs (besides spenseweed) won't show up. Also, the wiki has a column that says if you are supposed to use it or eat it. There are ways to figure it out but yeah it's not always super obvious, like a lot of things in this game.