Thread: Easy Necromancer ArchMage?

Default Easy Necromancer ArchMage?

Well, 'easy' is relative, as you still have to survive long enough to hit level 50. But, this *might* work. I'm unsure if anyone has tried it, as I haven't seen anything to the contrary.

1. Get level 50 for the special 'cheat death' Necromancer special.

2. Learn Wish, from the book. (blessed stomafilla herb while satiated)

3. Equip the Chaos Orb of Elemental Earth (+10 Toughness)

4. Bookcast Wish with zero regard to HP/PP. You'll die, but because of 1. and 3. You'll come right back.

In theory, this should allow infinite wishes. However, I don't know if it would work in practice. I don't know if the actual spell goes off if you fully exhaust yourself casting it and die. Anyone know?

If you die from the HP cost you don't get the wish. So a bunch of grinding is still necessary, but at least it's 100x less annoying than the Mana Orb PP casting variant.

It's a lot easier to get enough HP to chain book-cast Create Item, which is one way to handle the grind to archmage.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    If you die from the HP cost you don't get the wish. So a bunch of grinding is still necessary, but at least it's 100x less annoying than the Mana Orb PP casting variant.

It's a lot easier to get enough HP to chain book-cast Create Item, which is one way to handle the grind to archmage.
    I've never heard of that one! Where would you recommend casting Create Item? Obvs you want a high DL for better loot, but you also want to avoid as much background corruption as possible.

Don’t have to worry about background corruption, you can either restore pp with scrolls, or with your bare handed attacks. It fills back up very fast no need to w5. Also, you can rarely gain free mana stat with barehanded attacks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post

Could you please elaborate a little bit more on that? i am not sure i fully understand how this works...

You mean that i, as a lvl50 necro with enough +To equipped , can cast Create Item indefinitely, thus getting an unlimited amount of loot? If so, then what should i aim for? scrolls, crystals of power and other stuff for boosting pp enough to bookcast wish without HP?

How much does the mushroom spawning pool help with archmage? It is possible to generate mushrooms pretty quickly there, but I haven't tried what happens when you let them summon for very long. Likely they get über strong too fast for this to be useful.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by zeteginara View Post
    I've never heard of that one! Where would you recommend casting Create Item? Obvs you want a high DL for better loot, but you also want to avoid as much background corruption as possible.
    Not really sure what's fastest. Significant DL breakpoints would be 2 (potion of extra healing, potion of water), 8 (ring of djinni summoning), and 15 (wand of wishing, potion of ultra healing). For higher DL generation you could just close the gate beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlightfull View Post
    Could you please elaborate a little bit more on that? i am not sure i fully understand how this works...

You mean that i, as a lvl50 necro with enough +To equipped , can cast Create Item indefinitely, thus getting an unlimited amount of loot? If so, then what should i aim for? scrolls, crystals of power and other stuff for boosting pp enough to bookcast wish without HP?
    Yes, as long as you have enough +To and enough max HP to survive a book-cast of Create Item, you can cast it indefinitely. When you get resurrected (from either starvation or HP death), you are set back to full health. Target items would be potions of extra healing and ultra healing, or just wish items. HP casting wish is much, much less tedious because you don't have to waste time recovering PP - you die from the HP-casting starvation every turn and can just hold down repeat last command to wish for anything in bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    How much does the mushroom spawning pool help with archmage? It is possible to generate mushrooms pretty quickly there, but I haven't tried what happens when you let them summon for very long. Likely they get über strong too fast for this to be useful.
    Probably not much. Level scaling is something on the order of 1 level per # of spawns, so it's eventually going to be suicide if you're not level 50 necromancer.

EDIT: For those not aware, I should note that all these chain HP-casting shenanigans are possible due to a bug with the resurrection class power. Each resurrection is supposed to halve your maximum HP, eventually landing you at 1 max HP. However, the variable that doubles each time you get resurrected eventually overflows, and gets set to 0 (which is treated as normal max HP). Amusingly enough, the mist elf HP multiplier uses the same variable, so a mist elf necromancer can eventually end up at double their former maximum HP.
    Last edited by Grond; 06-12-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeteginara View Post
    Well, 'easy' is relative, as you still have to survive long enough to hit level 50. But, this *might* work. I'm unsure if anyone has tried it, as I haven't seen anything to the contrary.

1. Get level 50 for the special 'cheat death' Necromancer special.

2. Learn Wish, from the book. (blessed stomafilla herb while satiated)

3. Equip the Chaos Orb of Elemental Earth (+10 Toughness)

4. Bookcast Wish with zero regard to HP/PP. You'll die, but because of 1. and 3. You'll come right back.

In theory, this should allow infinite wishes. However, I don't know if it would work in practice. I don't know if the actual spell goes off if you fully exhaust yourself casting it and die. Anyone know?
    Hi everyone. I really like Necromancer ArchMage. It is my favorite one