Thread: Returning Projectiles?

Default Returning Projectiles?

I’ve tried doing research on this but can’t find an answer either way.

What affects the odds of a returning projectile like Thunderstroke or the Rune-Covered Trident.. you know, returning?

I’ve heard it’s dex related. As your dex gets higher, does the return chance ever get to 100%?

I’m pretty sure the dex bonus only applies to your chance to catch it when it returns. The chance of it returning is related to the items blessed/cursed status and maybe your lucky/fate smiles/cursed/doomed status.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    The chance of it returning is related to the items blessed/cursed status and maybe your lucky/fate smiles/cursed/doomed status.
    As far as I can tell, none of that makes any significant difference. Blessed True Aim failed to return on 10/300 hits, uncursed on 6/300, and cursed on 7/300. With Lucky, Fate Smiles, +luck, and 3xLuck from items, it failed to return on 7/300 hits, with Cursed, Doomed, and 2xDoomed from items, on 9/300 hits. Blessing the bow didn't seem to make much difference either, 10/300 with uncursed arrow and blessed bow (other trials were done with an uncursed bow).

I’m pretty sure the dex bonus only applies to your chance to catch it when it returns.
    Aside: the dex-based chance to fail to catch only applies to non-artifacts since around the Rolf quest patches.

Good to know! Thank you for putting in the time to test it!

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    Blessed True Aim failed to return on 10/300 hits, uncursed on 6/300, and cursed on 7/300. With Lucky, Fate Smiles, +luck, and 3xLuck from items, it failed to return on 7/300 hits, with Cursed, Doomed, and 2xDoomed from items, on 9/300 hits. Blessing the bow didn't seem to make much difference either, 10/300 with uncursed arrow and blessed bow (other trials were done with an uncursed bow).
    Did you try it in the wilderness, with windy weather?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Gotcha. So about a 3ish percent chance of not returning, unaffected by anything. Probably a good idea, else the rest of the game would be "press T to win" without any risk of losing it in a crowded room full of baddies.