Thread: Epidemic of disarming monsters

Default Epidemic of disarming monsters

This may sound strange but I am playing a game where disarming monsters seem to be much more common than usual. My dwarven paladin is at level 20 and has already killed 10 master swordsmen, 6 ratling duelists, 6 ratling fencers and 5 ratling warlords. And I'm not counting the ones I haven't killed. I'm not sure what is "normal" but it feels like I already seen twice as much disarming creatures than I usually see in an entire game. I've never seen this before, and it's making me pull my hair out. Any of you have any experience with this?

Yes, sometimes rng just Hates you. Shoot on sight.

I use those as cheap ways to cope with cursed weapons. Also, practice unarmed fighting before you run into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    I use those as cheap ways to cope with cursed weapons. Also, practice unarmed fighting before you run into them.
    Yes very handy in early game to equip id weapons.
    Fencers and warlords hurts a bit much tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    That is all good and well but when your character is at level 20 you have so much more effective and less bothersome ways to deal with cursed equipment and at that point I just want to keep using my Random Blessed Weapon of Total Awesomeness without constantly having to deal with disarmers, thank you very much.

This particular dwarven paladin also had items in his inventory destroyed at alarming rates, without being cursed or doomed. I ragequit this character after steady rainfall in the wilderness destroyed large portions of important equipment for the umpteenth time. Sometimes an initially strong character just seems to be plagued by this kind of s&%t.

Lol death from depression due to not having a blanky or a cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Lol death from depression due to not having a blanky or a cloak.
    Hey man, I really like my blankies and cloaks!

Just imagining an emo dwarf Paladin slaughtering monsters looking for his blankey and cloak!