Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: acid ball swindle

That's not evidence. YOu're implying the game balance is infallible. It's not.

If you are used to playing casters and start playing melee classes, you do need to get used to the differences. As a fighter you need to rely more on dirty tricks, not brute force. Thrown potions, wands and missiles become more important. The fight against the minotaur emporer is a good example. A wand of paralyzation does wonders in that fight, if you´re a fighter. The emperor and the mages are all bad at shrugging rays, so this one item can make the fight trivial. Stops them from confusing you, too. A wand of stunning can win you the fight too, although it is a little less trivial. Or ammunition of humanoid slaying. Or a disabling potion (although I do not know which ones work in this fight).

In any case, such are the tricks you have to live by as a fighter. You can even cast ball spells.. with a blessed wand of fireballs. Or alchemy, if you picked up the skill.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by auricbond View Post
    Lmfao!!! Obviously you’re right and I’m wrong so continue to not heed any of my suggestions and continue to get no castings of acid ball. It’s obviously not one of the very well documented factors stopping you, but rather the games too broken and random for you.

Quote Originally Posted by auricbond View Post
    Adom makes no attempt to be 'balanced'. Different classes are simply differently capable.

You are playing a melee. . . . if you want to kill things with acid ball play a caster class.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer

I personally hope that melee classes are never "balanced" to caster classes. Casters are far too easy and melee keeps the game interesting. Casters just amass power and nuke everything, melee requires you to use actual strategy.
    Last edited by Jeremiah; 08-26-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer