Thread: When does 'charged' talent make a difference, in current version?

Default When does 'charged' talent make a difference, in current version?

Short version is basically "is the charged talent beneficial to a caster character who already has concentration maxed"

Subjectively, I thought yes. But subjectively is not reliable. I tried to consult prior guides and exchanges, but it looks like the answer flipped at least once as the functioning of talented was refined.

Concentration gives 60 pp/100 turns.

From the description of the mechanic of Charged, it should add 6.7 (bc 1 pp/15 turns), and also doubles natural pp regen. Which I think means the pp that you would have gotten without Concentration? That's very race-dependent in the early game (https://ancardia.fandom.com/wiki/Natural_regeneration) so if it works as described, for a mist elf, it's another 6.7. Moving from 60/100 turns to 73.4/100 turns does seem to me like it ought to be worthwhile. So for other races, maybe only after some potions.

Is this at least mostly right? Or am I missing something and/or Charged doesn't work as described?

The main effect of charged is +2 PP per natural regeneration; I'm going to ignore the 1 PP / 15 turns thing as it doesn't have much impact if you have Concentration.

100 Concentration (actually around 50% chance to regen PP) and minimum PP regen interval: (1 [natural] + 2 [concentration]) / 5 turns = 0.6 PP / turn

100 Concentration, minimum PP regen interval, charged: (3 [natural] + 2 [concentration]) / 5 turns = 1 PP / turn

100 Concentration and 50 turn regen interval: (1 [natural] + 24.5 [concentration]) / 50 turns = 0.51 PP / turn

100 Concentration, 50 turn regen interval, charged: (3 [natural] + 24.5 [concentration]) / 50 turns = 0.55 PP / turn

Decent value with good natural regen, and utter garbage with bad natural regen.