Thread: Stuck!

Default Stuck!

Hello all,

Been a long-time lurker and avid ADOM resident for.... jesus, 17 years, wow. Anywho, finally ran into a situation and I need some help! I just got to Midgetown in the CoC, and KNOWING it was risky, was using a wand of monster summoning on the altar (what can I say, I love a good gamble). Anywho, I summoned a shadow troll (which might be new? I come from v4.0 and just heard about the updated version 3 days ago). I ran into the shop and picked up an item, so I am currently safe (sorta? Latent corruption was always a thing but those pop-ups disturb me). So here's the deal:

I've got a wand of tele with 1 charge. I am a mist elf wizard. I have no spells that can hurt it (LB, FB, MM, Scare Monster, Calm Monster, etc. , but I'm guessing, since I am level 12 and the troll almost one-shot me), however there is a spellbook of Destroy Undead in the shop that I can afford... The guards don't seem to care about attacking the troll, which seems strange as I remember quite often luring enemies back here to have the guards kill them. If I hide, could it possibly forget about me and then aggro a guard? Should I teleport and run? If I try the Destroy Undead spell will it hit the shopkeeper? Can gray Jedi use force lightning? Will they ever truly finish the Farscape series? Who shot JFK?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Let me know if you want all my char info (stats, inv, etc), but I think the only thing I have is that wand.

Huh, feels good to finally post something XD

Thanks!

- Your friendly neighborhood Dingo
    Have won once, 17 years strong.

Switch your tactics to coward, then run away until it’s in a spot where you can bounce magic missle at it. That way you can hit twice per spell and take it out. Watch for friendly fire, as the dwarves will all attack you if you attack any of them while in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Switch your tactics to coward, then run away until it’s in a spot where you can bounce magic missle at it. That way you can hit twice per spell and take it out. Watch for friendly fire, as the dwarves will all attack you if you attack any of them while in town.
    Totally..... effin.... WORKED! Dropped my item so as not to aggro guards, teleported out, and get em trapped four spaces away from a wall! Got hit once down to 3 hp, but I had that last shot left which killed it. Thanks!
    Have won once, 17 years strong.

No problem! Using magic is mostly about placement and measuring spaces and angles.