Thread: Gods and sacrifices

Default Gods and sacrifices

Hey all!

I'm having trouble finding information on the gods and their preferred/hated sacrifices. I've searched for "gods" "religion" "sacrifices" "altars" and several other terms, but can't seem to find any compendium on this information. Could someone direct me to where I could, or offer a different search term?

Thanks,

- Your friendly neighborhood Dingo
    Have won once, 17 years strong.

They like gold, monsters, food, and map fragments. With other types of items, the gold you get from selling them will usually give more piety than sacrificing them directly.

They don't like ratling food. Neutral gods don't like neutral monsters/corpses. Lawful gods don't like lawful monsters/corpses.

If you're referring to the items that generate the "deeply appreciates your gift" message, these are documented in-game in the manual. IGB has the piety modifiers as well:

0.2.3.3.1 Sacrificing items
    When sacrificing items, one might want to keep in mind the fact that some races' deities specially favor some item types. These can be found in the ADOM Manual and are listed here for reference. The modifier quantitates a percentage bonus in terms of piety.
    Deities specialties
    Race Preferred sacrifices Modifier
    Human tools of all kind 1.5
    Troll rocks, the larger the better 3
    Hurthling cooked meals 1.5
    Gnome gems 3
    Dwarf gold 1.5
    High Elf magical rings 2.5
    Gray Elf magical rings 2.5
    Dark Elf magical wands and books 2
    Orc melee weapons 1.5
    Drakeling musical instruments 4
    Mist Elf magical wands and books 2?
    Ratling artifacts ?
    Apart from Hurthlings and Dwarves not terribly helpful though. I've definitely never sacrificed a ring, wand or book, way too useful. Rocks on the other hand are worthless even with 3x.
    gremlin - karmic lizard, dark orc, acid vortex, staring eye - dragon turtle, fairy dragon, ogre lord, minotaur emperor - pit viper, orc butcher - greater mimic, dark elven wizard, carrion crawler, dwarven child - imp - ochre jelly, dark elven archer, king cobra, goodwife - kobold shaman, magebane eye, floating eye, quickling king - giant centipede, hill orc sergeant, mimic hivemind, greater claw bug, brown bear, large gnoll - giant bee queen, giant ant warrior, shadow centipede, kobold

Tiny asterisk that Mist Elves generally get such atrocious prices for selling items that it's better to sacrifice them directly than to sell the items and sacrifice the gold. But that's a specific/atypical case. The two responses above me gave you the core information.

Thanks guys!
    Have won once, 17 years strong.