Thread: Fun with staves of minor volcano summoning

Default Fun with staves of minor volcano summoning

Staves of volcano summoning are usable in water dragon cave. When they are zapped on a square with water dragon, she doesn't get hostile, and tries to move out. Unless there is no square to move, in which case she is stuck (but does not get damaged by magma). And then, she can be attacked with missiles without risk of retribution as long as PC is not in line with her.

I am not sure if she needs to be standing on magma to prevent teleport, or not, so it is either 8 charges or 9. Unfortunately killing her only yields 2800 XP...

There are probably quite a few bugs here, but for now the staff is wish-worthy .

On a side note, if PC dies from kicking magma, the death message is "died from foot inflammation"

Fire damage is reduced in WDC, and PV applies to magma damage, probably leading to no damage and no aggro. I think she only teleports in response to the PC trying to mess with her items.

Ah so the reaction is to get away from the magma, that is why she moves. I wonder if it is possible to make the gray wyrm follow you into the wilderness this way .

Gray wyrm doesn't react to the magma. I guess the behavior for monsters with genuine fire immunity is different, a shame.