Thread: Cool Ice Queen Strats

Default Cool Ice Queen Strats

Newish stuff (for me)

IC 3
    Targeting the ice vortexes with a ranged attack and confirming the attack will anger them, even if you don't have the range or clear line of fire to hit them. Costs some alignment, but makes it much more likely for team fire to win, and letting them explode won't count towards making the cold worse.

IC 4
    When fighting the chaos diplomat you can gain distance by leaving the area from one side (left or right) and returning on the other. As long as you never let him get into melee range, this allows for killing him without the need for exceptionally good ranged damage (or spending a cure corruption potion).

Olde stuff

Drakelings
    To counteract the -50 speed penalty you can spend some time in ToEF first. If you wait long enough to get the full +100 speed bonus, you should have normal or better speed all the way through to the berserker prince. Used to be better due to bugs, but still works quite well.

IC 1
    Digging out the bridge squares where the snow golems spawn prevents them from respawning. In older versions this would freeze the game, but this has been fixed for a while.

IC 2
    Moving to IC 2 from the highest possible square on IC 3 puts you in a wall. You can then walk out the other side and proceed from IC 2 -> IC 3 -> IC 4 -> IC 5 -> IC 6 without having to face any obstacles or monsters. This does make it a bit awkward to get to the berserker prince on IC 5, so I usually only use it on my second visit.

Overall a really neat area, just a bit too much backtracking. Any good strats I'm missing?

You should update the wiki with this new cool stuff! Otherwise it will be missed by people looking for info.