Thread: All Race/Class Combos, 3 Full Highscore Lists

Default All Race/Class Combos, 3 Full Highscore Lists

As of this Tuesday, I have won with all 264 race/class combinations at roguelike difficulty or higher. In the process, I've completely filled my Roguelike, Personalized, and Network high score lists. Personalized games were played at 247% difficulty (tough monsters, few treasures, no talents). Network games were mostly played at 150% difficulty (few treasures), with a couple played at 100% difficulty, and a handful at 247% difficulty. The network difficulty modifier was almost always maxed out (monsters get +50% DV, PV, HP, damage, to-hit).

Roguelike Runs
    Dark Elf: Archer, Barbarian, Beastfighter, Druid, Duelist, Merchant, Mindcrafter, Wizard
    Drakeling: Archer, Beastfighter, Elementalist (3), Healer, Mindcrafter (4), Monk, Paladin (3)
    Dwarf: Beastfighter, Duelist, Merchant, Mindcrafter (3), Monk
    Gnome: Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Mindcrafter, Necromancer, Priest
    Gray Elf: Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Duelist, Mindcrafter, Weaponsmith
    High Elf:Assassin, Farmer, Merchant, Mindcrafter (3), Priest, Ranger
    Human: Archer, Barbarian, Chaos Knight, Druid, Fighter, Mindcrafter (4), Monk, Thief
    Hurthling: Beastfighter, Chaos Knight, Druid, Fighter, Mindcrafter, Paladin, Priest, Ranger, Thief
    Mist Elf: Fighter, Merchant, Mindcrafter, Thief
    Orc: Druid, Farmer, Merchant, Mindcrafter, Paladin, Priest, Ranger, Thief, Weaponsmith, Wizard
    Ratling: Assassin, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Duelist, Elementalist, Farmer, Mindcrafter
    Troll: Assassin, Chaos Knight, Elementalist (2), Healer, Mindcrafter, Weaponsmith

Endings: UCG (5), OCG (4), UNE, Nihilist, Gatecloser (89)

Weapon: Big Punch (4), black whip of extinction (4), Bloody Rose (4), Cat's Claw, axe of the minotaur emperor (5), Eagle's Claw (5), eternium broadsword, eternium hand axe, eternium long sword of devastation, executor (2), gleaming dwarven rune axe, gold piece, Hornet's Sting, Justifier (4), Kinslayer, Masher, mithril scimitar of devastation, none, pick axe of devastation, Purifier (3), rapier of the needle, rune-covered trident (3), Rolf's Companion (19), Rolf's Companion/eternium hand axe, rustproof spear of devastation, Sceptre of Chaos, Serpent's Bite, si/si, Silence of the Dead (7), Skullcrusher (2), staff of strength, staff of the wanderer, trident of the red rooster (6), unarmed (7), wand of Grond, whip of slaughtering (2), whip of the snake, whip of the vampire snake

Starsigns: Book (3), Candle (22), Cup, Dragon (3), Falcon (3), Raven (47), Salamander (2), Sword (2), Tree (14), Unicorn (2), Wand

Platinum Girdles: 11
    Wyrmlance generations: 36
    Average turncount: 53055
    Average time: 5h, 17m, 35s

Personalized Runs
    Dark Elf: Elementalist, Mindcrafter, Priest, Ranger, Weaponsmith
    Drakeling: Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Mindcrafter, Ranger, Thief, Weaponsmith
    Dwarf: Assassin, Bard, Chaos Knight, Druid, Healer, Mindcrafter, Necromancer, Paladin
    Gnome: Barbarian, Duelist, Healer, Mindcrafter, Monk, Thief, Wizard
    Gray Elf: Assassin, Healer, Merchant, Mindcrafter, Paladin, Ranger, Thief, Wizard
    High Elf: Archer, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Fighter, Healer, Necromancer, Paladin, Thief
    Human: Bard, Beastfighter, Mindcrafter, Monk, Necromancer, Weaponsmith
    Hurthling: Assassin, Barbarian, Farmer, Merchant, Monk, Necromancer, Weaponsmith
    Mist Elf: Archer, Assassin, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Chaos Knight, Druid, Duelist, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Healer, Merchant, Mindcrafter, Monk, Necromancer, Paladin, Priest, Ranger, Thief, Weaponsmith, Wizard
    Orc: Archer, Chaos Knight, Elementalist, Fighter, Mindcrafter, Paladin
    Ratling: Assassin, Chaos Knight, Fighter, Mindcrafter, Ranger, Wizard
    Troll: Farmer, Merchant, Mindcrafter, Monk, Necromancer, Ranger, Wizard

Endings: UCG (7), OCG (3), Nihilist, N CK, Gatecloser (88)

Weapon: adamantium spear of devastation, Big Punch (3), black whip of extinction (4), Bloody Rose (2), axe of the minotaur emperor (5), Eagle's Claw, eternium hand axe of penetration, eternium two-handed sword, Executor (3), Justifier, Kinslayer (4), mace of destruction (2), marble statue of Bassuk Thimosp, the Human Wizard, Masher, Purifier, rune-covered trident, Rolf's Companion (34), rustproof orcish spear of devastation, Serpent's Bite (2), Silence of the Dead (9), Skullcrusher (2), staff of beauty, stone statue statue/ancient karmic wyrm statue of "Sharad-Waador", trident of the red rooster (8), unarmed (3), whip of slaughtering (2), whip of the vampire snake (5)

Starsigns: Book (6), Candle (6), Cup (3), Dragon (5), Falcon (3), Raven (31), Salamander (6), Sword (6), Tree (21), Unicorn (4), Wand (5), Wolf (4)
    Platinum Girdles: 14
    Wyrmlance generations: 39
    Average turncount: 64898
    Average time: 6h, 29m, 52s

Network Runs
    Dark Elf: Assassin, Bard, Beastfighter, Chaos Knight, Farmer, Fighter, Healer, Monk, Necromancer, Paladin, Thief, Wizard
    Drakeling: Assassin, Chaos Knight, Duelist, Farmer, Fighter, Merchant, Necromancer, Priest, Wizard
    Dwarf: Archer, Barbarian, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Thief, Weaponsmith, Wizard
    Gnome: Archer, Assassin, Beastfighter, Chaos Knight, Druid, Merchant, Paladin, Ranger, Weaponsmith
    Gray Elf: Archer, Beastfighter, Chaos Knight, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, Necromancer, Priest, Barbarian, Bard, Chaos Knight, Duelist, Mindcrafter, Monk, Weaponsmith, Wizard
    High Elf: Barbarian, Bard, Chaos Knight, Duelist, Mindcrafter, Monk, Weaponsmith, Wizard
    Human: Assassin, Duelist, Elementalist, Farmer, Healer, Merchant, Mindcrafter, Paladin, Priest, Ranger, Wizard
    Hurthling: Archer, Bard, Duelist, Elementalist, Healer, Mindcrafter, Wizard
    Orc: Assassin, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Duelist, Healer, Monk, Necromancer
    Ratling: Archer, Druid, Healer, Merchant, Monk, Necromancer, Paladin, Priest, Thief, Weaponsmith
    Troll: Archer, Barbarian, Beastfighter, Druid, Duelist, Fighter, Paladin, Priest, Thief

Endings: UCG (4), OCG (2), ULE, L CK, N CK, Gatecloser (91)

Weapon: Big Punch, black whip of extinction (5), bloody rose (9), axe of the minotaur emperor, Eagle's Claw (4), eternium two-handed sword (2), Executor (5), gleaming dwarven rune axe (3), Judge & Jury, Justifier (2), mace of destruction, Masher (2), Needle/Sting, rune-covered trident (3), Rolf's Companion (19), rustproof orcish spear of devastation, Serpent's Bite (2), Silence of the Dead (18), Skullcrusher (2), trident of the red rooster (5), truesilver battle axe of penetration, unarmed (5), whip of slaughtering (2), whip of the vampire snake (5)

Starsigns: Book (3), Candle (16), Cup (4), Dragon (7), Falcon (9), Raven (23), Salamander (2), Sword (4), Tree (22), Unicorn (3), Wand (2), Wolf (5)

Platinum Girdles: 6
    Wyrmlance generations: 42
    Average turncount: 63747
    Average time: 6h, 9m, 14s

Totals
    Time spent: 1794h, 29m, 7s
    Times Treasure Hunter was taken: 1
    Chance of Wyrmlance: 39%

Final Thoughts
    Rolf Axe is OP. Wand of lightning is OP. Thank god it's over; going back to speedrun stuff soon.
    Last edited by Grond; 09-24-2020 at 04:05 AM.

Why do you do this to yourself. Did you even enjoy it?

Also: I noticed that Raven, Tree, and Candle clearly outclass all the other star signs.

Did you have a favorite playthrough? Was there a race-class-combo that just stumped you for a while?
    Last edited by Tyrnyx; 10-06-2020 at 05:06 PM.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

It was fun! Playing a wide variety of stuff kept things pretty fresh. The struggle towards the end was less that I was burned out with ADOM, and more that I had some different ADOM ideas that were put on hold for quite some time.

Starsign distribution is mostly because I picked sign in a lot of the games, not really natural selection (it is hard to lose with Raven though).

It's a lot of runs over several years, so rather difficult to pick a favorite. For challenges, mindcraft only is probably my favorite, but I have no idea how well the run holds up 2 years later. More recently, I liked ratling weaponsmith for coming up with a funny strategy during the run, and troll paladin for persevering through a terrible start.

The 247% mist elf runs were probably where I struggled the most. Mist elf is just so uncontrollably bad with no +HP talents or immune to pain. This was a while ago, but I think mist elf monk might have been the worst. You'd think monk would be fine, but the start is really rough - not great attribute modifiers, no mithril armor, no true berserk, no strong legs.

This is so impressive that I don't even know how to say congratulations properly. I've only won with TWO combos, and here you are with all of them. Wow. Impressive achievement!

Man, after this I'd need an extended session with a bottle of Wild Turkey and a bag of Zoloft in a dark room.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

This is intense. That's some serious commitment!