Thread: When did they add this?

Default When did they add this?

So I was doing a self-imposed challenge where as a Fighter I go straight to the arena no stops, and fight until it says they think i am invincible.

I died in the arena while beserking and get a popup asking "do you want to leave this plane."

I thought it was a change to ask players if they wanted to spawn a vile spirit or not, I wanted to so I said no.

To my surprise it then says I will myself back to life and I am suddenly full health again.

(Tried to attach image, but they changed how to do it since I last tried so I don't know if I succeeded or not.)

The message after I came back to life shows

"Your mortal body ceases to function" "You will your body back to life"

I was in hard(rouge-like) mode like one should be, I was a drakling fighter named Leonides, I was beserking in the arena match verses a frost giant with only sword shield and scale mail, no other items equipped or possessed (I went straight to the arena as stated earlier)

Has anyone else seen this, do you know when it was added and what triggered it or what the chances of triggering it are?
    Attached Images Attached Images

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

The string has been in the executable since at least 3.3.3, but I haven't heard of anyone else actually seeing this. Did you do anything with the legend statue in CoC, or anything else notable on the way to the arena?

I've speculated that the legend statues might give you some sort of 'guardian angel' effect when properly activated.

No, never saw any statues.

Further play of the character caused this to happen every time I died. When I fought a white dragon and died continuously I chose the other option and it gave me the game over screen.

However the game over screen where it lists accomplishments and such said I had cheated death 10 times and was not eligible for a highscore because I had entered exploration mode.

It was not exploration mode when I started.

furthermore testing dying multiple times with other characters in and out of exploration mode and in and out of the arena does not give me the message again.

I am trying again on rougelike difficulty with an Identical "Leonides" character in the arena fighting until something kills me, I'll post the results in a little bit.

No message for the identical character either. Very odd.

In that case, this might be some sort of debugging feature that was accidentally left in. There are some other weird things in 3.3.4 that could be due to that (wish mechanics changes, extra messages displayed - see recent bug reports).

Yup, seems to be it: pressing X activates/deactivates exploration mode. Neat find!

Oh cool thats neat.

Once you've activated exploration mode, wishes become much more powerful: you are allowed to wish for unique monsters, artifacts, items that grant wishes, and items such as mushrooms.

In addition, pressing # allows you to run some special debug commands. Highlights:
    Code:
    0 - gain as many levels as you want
    + - gain a million piety
    6 - removes a corruption
    ! - identifies all of your items
    < - goes to the level above, if present
    > - goes to the level below, if present
    q - lets you mess with certain quests
    W - closes the gate
    n - activates the nihilism ending
    r - reveals wilderness locations such as PC, DD, VD, unicorn glades etc.
    t - traps every square on the level
    T - teleports
    y - adds a shifting section if possible (works multiple times per level!)
    I - grants every intrinsic except disease res/immunity, including natural enemy of undead
    G - gives a wish
    k - kills all monsters on the level
    L - gives you all skills and increases their values
    ; - gives you grandmastery in all weapon skills

So less Exploration mode and more Debug Mode - Totally Awesome, Imma play with this now.