Thread: Anomalies[?] in the game

Default Anomalies[?] in the game

Hey guys.

I`m a veteran player, don`t get me wrong - I mean I have had like hundreds of runs over the years and I have never made it further than the mid-game places and let`s say lvl 20 or so., I thought I`ve never been on this site either but I managed to log in, so I guess I have posted before :P

I enjoy the game on ASCII, I have the keyboard in my muscle memory - and yet, from time to time, the game still manages to surprise me.
    Just now, Thrundarr gave me another mission to prove my valor by killing some poor bloke. I mean it happened twice, first I had to kill a Troll and then instead of venturing behind the Animated Forest or whatever I had to prove my valor again by killing a Hill Giant.
    The other day I ventured into those caves to kill that Black Druid and as soon as I made it to that floor, a message told me, that the fcuker had just died and my mission is accomplished; i guess he stepped into an acid trap, maybe? :P
    I think I have over the years had like hundreds, maybe a thousand runs, and never have I seen neither of those scenarios.
    Another thing - I`ve read that kicking statues (the gray kind) will from time to time produce a wand and I think I have kicked at least 100 statues into little pieces (stones) and never yet have I found a magic wand inside the statue.
    What`s going on? Have you guys stumbled into stuff you usually don`t see in the game, what`s going on, what are your most memorable weird situations and what the actual fukc and other questions ?
    cheers

Wands are pretty rare from statues, but there’s a much higher chance of its blessed. No one will bother blessing it though. However, it is a good use of a priests detect item status skill and remove curse spell.

As for second slaying quest, it’s pretty well known at this point that if you just enter DH or animated forest before receiving the quest it’ll turn into a random monster hunt. It also works that way if you visit the arena first as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    it’s pretty well known at this point that if you just enter DH or animated forest before receiving the quest it’ll turn into a random monster hunt.
    Actually, entering is DH is fine, even descending past DH. You've got better than 50-50 chances of picking the right staircase if you know your level layouts, although there's still not much practical reason to take the risk.

Oh is it just the forest that has the bug then? I only ever go the forest route because I love the mushroom zone so much