I was female dark elf archer. Level 17, going through Animated forest. First time was easy. Just wield two shields, coward mode and wait. I was pretty happy with that run, because I found ring of djinni and amulet of life saving, so I could go save that old man. I've already became champion of balance, so everything was going great.

Gone through caves, killed some mushroms, get cornucopia. Perfect! But then, on my way back I decided to be greed. Big mistake. Instead of safely go to dwarftown, I wanted to go lover through CoC. I went left. I waited. And waited. Suddenly I was surrounded by hostile trees. So I picked my spear and poked a little bit.

That really didnt seem to help. They are still angry at me. So I went trough my inventory. Scrolls, books, potions.... Books! Maybe I could read book and get teleported! Unfort, no luck there but now I know "cure light wounds" and there is no book. Meh.

Unfortunetly no scroll of teleport, no wand of teleport. But there is wand of wonder. Hmmm, maybe...

You already know how it went, right? I've got fireball! Now entire level hates me. But I did not feel like giving up. I had some good stuff left in stash in dwarftown! I've read scroll of protection, of defence, of increase melee damage, of increase accuracy. Equiped adamantium quaterstaff of penetration, clicked coward mode and go to left. And pray. And drink potions.

After 6 potions of healing, one of ultrahealing, probably 6 prayers and 638 animated trees killed I managed to pull myself off. I've probably genocided trees, because then chaos rats started appearing more and more. If anything saved me, it was being champion of balance and having decent speed, 112 unburden. It allowed me to inch forward.

And at the end I was still level 17