Thread: The RNG conspiracy

Default The RNG conspiracy

Does anyone else get the distinct impression that the game conspires a bit too heavily and obviously to follow good luck with bad luck?

Maybe you are just more likely to be careless when you get lucky? Luck and quality of play are not entirely unrelated. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    Maybe you are just more likely to be careless when you get lucky? Luck and quality of play are not entirely unrelated. ;-)
    i take on more risks. Not the same.

I usually have the opposite. One playthrough I get random wishes and artifacts that I didn't even need, another time I get random sickness from a rat bite while I was starving and running away from out-of-depth monsters.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

As if to confirm my karma theory, I just entered the big room with a recently acquired 'the wall' and had to hack through the biggest blink dog (or any) swarm I've ever survived, for some reason repeatedly failing to take down the summoning blink dog and almost every tile in my LOS had one... it must have been about 1 hour of real-life game time at least? I think they started to become a bit 'uber' but thanks to very high dv and pv scores for level 13 and a neklace of rapid healing, was able to survive the occasional unlucky hit. Will repost the # of blink dogs actually killed when I win or, more likely, die.

*EDIT 2025 blink dogs!
    Last edited by auricbond; 02-24-2021 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by auricbond View Post
    As if to confirm my karma theory, I just entered the big room with a recently acquired 'the wall' and had to hack through the biggest blink dog (or any) swarm I've ever survived, for some reason repeatedly failing to take down the summoning blink dog and almost every tile in my LOS had one... it must have been about 1 hour of real-life game time at least? I think they started to become a bit 'uber' but thanks to very high dv and pv scores for level 13 and a neklace of rapid healing, was able to survive the occasional unlucky hit. Will repost the # of blink dogs actually killed when I win or, more likely, die.
    guess we'll never know because i got my first crash in several years:

yay.png

None of the shortcut keys do ANYTHING and this was the best early-game streak in several years (killed waldenbrook in melee at level 14 and he was 'experienced', 4 hits and more when blind rage). SO I guess metagame karma exists as well...

Will see if there's a backup I can recover from but if it sets me too far back in progress i won't bother.

*EDIT alt-enter allowed me to immediately resume playing, phew
    Last edited by auricbond; 02-23-2021 at 10:54 PM.

Ogre mages in the puppy cave are all in on this.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."