Thread: Are there any aspects of the game so repetitive you wish you could defer to an AI?

Default Are there any aspects of the game so repetitive you wish you could defer to an AI?

After the who knows what thousandth time I became a little tired of chatting to tiny girl, druid, and sheriff, every single playthrough, to the point where I actually just don't do it anymore, ever. It's lightened my load and actually allowed me to start playing (casually...) again, after dropping the game for a year due to depleting my repetition-tolerance...

But if I could just press a button and have those quests added to my questlist in a second or two I'd probably do it. Otherwise though, it just feels like labour at this point!

I have dismissed the sheriff years ago. Tiny girl and the druid I usually talk to once and twice, respectively.

I'd gladly let the AI plant and farm herbs for me.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Those quests are optional. If you get tired of them, why not skip them and play the game a little differently? You don't miss out on anything essential.

The only thing I really get tired of quickly is pickpocketing, but I just skip that part. Trying to write an AI and see how it fails / how far it gets does sound like a cool project.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Healing quest in general. This is can be long walk through uninteresting dungeon. No high dl items, not much features, always plays the same. And probably managing through any shifting level. I hate those.

yar diving through already-explored layers upon layers of dungeon (CoC especially notorious for this), makes controlled teleport +random or spell teleport a real boon.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Those quests are optional. If you get tired of them, why not skip them and play the game a little differently? You don't miss out on anything essential.

The only thing I really get tired of quickly is pickpocketing, but I just skip that part. Trying to write an AI and see how it fails / how far it gets does sound like a cool project.
    I only pickpocket when I play a thief. Once in a blue moon is nice and I just treat pickpocketing as a class power and never use it on other combos. Keeps the repetitiveness a bit more bearable.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."