Thread: Taletns

Default Taletns

Hi! So what talents do you pick?

I recently realized that talents are pretty interesting. I think there are many viable options beyond your classic skill PV line and speed line.

1. Stealthy - honestly is pretty good. It gives you much more use than just easier time getting into thief guild. You have much easier time avoiding encounters, which is super useful when you are doomed and run to your altar. You can avoid getting notice by some tough tension rooms or threat rooms. You know that time when you play mist elf, you opened a room and is full of lightning vortexes? Now you know which skill would let you save that character?

2. Affinity with * - Situational. They can give you much easier time in early game, where this +2 dmg/to hit matter the most. Sometimes it is hard to pick it, because it gives you easier time in early game, but you often switch weapons in early game. I think it has great times with priest. Priest that start with flail have strong weapon from get go, there is guaranteed big punch (although priest arent exactly heavy lifters) and their crowning weapon might be a flail.

3. Shop talents - yeah, I think they might screw RNG a bit more beyond just shops ; ). But honestly, more shops can be very helpful. Especially for casters, but I don't think anybody would complain about getting extra potion shops with some pogas.

4. Skilled line - there are some classes like weaponsmith or necromancers, or druids, who for cant max out their most usefull skill in any shape of form. I think it is sometimes worth on class like paladins, to get their atheltics on 100 quicker. Sometimes I pick one on various classes, but on necro, smith I often pick 2.

All in all I think that talent system is very cool. I definitely like it more than skill system.

1. Always Alert first to get Miser, Treasure Hunter
    2. Long Stride is nice to give some early advantage in running away
    3. Wizards and such Potent Aura/Charged etc.
    4. Raven Monks and other classes with Athletics I like to go with speed talents
    5. Sometimes Porter
    6. Pious is also nice when my main source of healing are prayers