Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Fibre Question

Default Carbon Fibre Question

I've started up a Carbon Fibre Man game (and it's going surprisingly well), but there's something I'd like to get some advice on. CFM does not allow you to carry more than 100s at any one time. Does it allow you to eat items >100s off the ground? So if I come across a 120s blink dog corpse, can I eat it without picking it up?

So far I've been avoiding such situations, but, well, it's a blink dog corpse and there's a book of teleport in a nearby book store
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

As items on the ground do not spend any time in the player's inventory, it should be allowed per the letter of the rules. I think some of the even more ancient users around here must've been around when the original Carbon Fiber Man was conceived way back...
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

My interpretation of the rules allows it.

Two questions:
    1)where do you drop your starting equipment?
    2)you have to schlep the orbs one at a time down to D:48?

It's just occurred to me that the bookstore is actually less useful than I had thought... I can't hold a book and enough money to buy it at the same time Guess I'll have to rob it later.

[edit]I entered the wilderness square that I started on and ditched all of my gear right away.

Yes, you need to lug all of the orbs down one at a time. Difficulty is greatly increased by the fact that you can't get the RoTHK (climbing set is 180s).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

i think it is okay. Although that kills all the fun of passing EG. [I would recommend just kill him while standing on stairs anyway]
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    It's just occurred to me that the bookstore is actually less useful than I had thought... I can't hold a book and enough money to buy it at the same time Guess I'll have to rob it later.
    I assumed that since it was a book of teleport it practically robbed itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    As items on the ground do not spend any time in the player's inventory, it should be allowed per the letter of the rules. I think some of the even more ancient users around here must've been around when the original Carbon Fiber Man was conceived way back...
    I've been playing a lot longer than Carbon Fiber Man has been around. As far as I know Malte Helmert is the only person to have completed it, once. It is also his conception.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

Precisely! Do you know how he handled this?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I was thinking if you werent too worried about time constraints you could kick all of the orbs to the step, then take one at a time down. Then again..it might be faster to just run them all one at a time.