Thread: Item destruction from acid attacks

Default Item destruction from acid attacks

So I encountered an normal monster vault with black dragons, some ancients and a black Wyrm.

Basically every breath attack that hit me was destroying 2-3 items. It was bearable when it was 1-3 arrows from a stack but when it was going through my rings potions and scrolls it was very painful.

Did acid attacks got buffed item destruction wise ?

You have Bad luck or doomed maybe? Alertness helps also.

pretty sure I had not. Was on good terms with god (favors greatly). No funky items. robes of resistance. I guess I could scum save and quit to check. This character felt like he had very bad luck from the start.

Acid vaults I either ignore altogether or focus on retrieving the artifacts and then gtfo asap. In the latter case, I leave all valuable, destructible items behind, preferably downstairs.
    Supercharge a wand of death if I can and plow through the ones that see invisible.
    On the off chance I have two sources of acid immunity, which decrease item destruction from the related element, I might brave carrying more items with me.
    It's still a big risk, since a lot of potentially valuable items are the drops on the floor and they do not benefit from your acid immunity and will be exposed with every breath attack.
    Acid vaults are just notoriously shitty and like I said, there is no way to reliably reduce the rate of item destruction. I wouldn't even think of clearing them without luck+fate, much less with any detrimental intrinsics like cursedoom.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."