Thread: trollish/ironic RNG experiences

Default trollish/ironic RNG experiences

Got The Wall as precrown, then at bottom of frost giant caves a surge of power (reg. frost giant guardian) procured protector. I don't want to bash protector since I have fond memories of finding it decades ago and blocking all of malakai's hits with it, but now it's just an inferior version of The Wall...

Spending all your Kranach bounty money on a Brutal mithril spear of awesomeness, which then immediately gets destroyed by an acid trap on PC1.
    Reading a blessed scroll of education in Dwarftown, just outside Glod's forge, and get Smithing.

Once I tried pickpocket demon in dwarftown quest. Just for fun (it is a bad idea naturally).

Picked 666 gold pieces. Might even have screenshot somewhere/
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Once I tried pickpocket demon in dwarftown quest. Just for fun (it is a bad idea naturally).

Picked 666 gold pieces. Might even have screenshot somewhere/
    666 gold pieces... and posted at 4:44am!

You gotta love this one:

The ratling warlord misses you. The ratling warlord disarms you. You drop your blessed rustproof dagger of death (+5, 5d5+5). It flies to the north east. Leggot, the trollish shopkeeper, hollers "Thank you!". You block the ratling warlord. Leggot the trollish shopkeeper grunts "Welcome back, Morbius!" A blessed rustproof dagger of death (+5, 5d5+5) (unpaid, 24726 gp) (10s) is lying here.

So, I was standing outside the store when I got disarmed and my disarmed weapon naturally chose to land in the doorway.

Quote Originally Posted by auricbond View Post
    666 gold pieces... and posted at 4:44am!
    Yet more repeats! (*EDIT click on the 'line' to see the image):
    price.png

I don't remember the exact wording but you get the picture:
    You pick up the amulet of free action. Suddenly a mimic hivemind attacks you! Suddenly you can't move. The mimic hivemind proceeds to eviscerate you, one turn short of putting the damn amulet on...
    The banshee seems to scream. You step on a loose tile. You are engulfed by the fire. You resist the searing flames. The wax in your ears melts in the heat. The banshee wails a horrendous soul-rending song...
    And of course the classic: You pick up the potion of water (4s). The ice beneath your feet creaks in a disturbing way. It breaks! You are drowning. Suddenly tiny red fish devour your flesh. You die...
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 03-14-2021 at 12:57 AM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    You pick up the potion of water (4s). The ice beneath your feet creaks in a disturbing way. It breaks! You are drowning. Suddenly tiny red fish devour your flesh. You die...
    Heh, killed by Auto Pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Khnud View Post
    Heh, killed by Auto Pickup.
    Always. As far as causes go, auto-pickup probably amounts to about 15% of my stupid deaths over the last 20 years of playing ADOM.
    Yeah I'm a pack rat. I'd rather describe myself as a collector though
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."