Thread: Advice for speed runs needed

Default Advice for speed runs needed

So I've been looking into speed run related steam achievements and I need some advice.

1.Seem like wizards are the best choice. Do I need to scum-roll toons to start with teleportation ?
    2. Also if rng is not good enough and little offensive books drop it looks like that toon can quit.
    3. Also considering monk since I like them so much but lower energy costs don't change the turn count so the advantage here would be being less item/food dependent and trying to save kelly for a spellbook of teleportation. nah that doesn't sound too good

other ideas ?

It depends on the kind of turn count you want to reach. Getting below 10k turns requires extreme skills, tactics and luck, below 40k much less so. I would advise to start with a few practice games, where you ask yourself at every step if you could skip doing X and do the next step immediately..

One easy step is to enable autopickup, at least for everything that light and useful like scrolls and potions. At least the last time I checked (years ago), picking up stuff with autopickup did not increase turn count.

P.S. monks are actually pretty good at speed runs if you are aiming at something like <40k turns. Good all-round class and the class power to switch with hostiles can save some turns.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 03-02-2021 at 07:01 AM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.