Thread: Grey Elven Wizard, first win

Smile Grey Elven Wizard, first win

Hi,

I discovered ADOM 10 years ago and played mostly barbarians and wizards from time to time. This is my first win, I am really happy (and the spirits of more than 100 poor adventurers that were killed too early feel relieved )
    It is also the first time I get the ring of the master cat

There were only a few challenging moments in the game. I think that is because I grew very cautious after losing too many promising PCs
    The first was the Ancient Chaos Wyrm. I was unlucky enough to get hit twice in a row by the energy bolt and was left with only a dozen HP. Another difficult time was the battle with the Chaos Archmage. In both cases, I had to cast spells from HP (the first time because of my low max PP, the second time because of the magebane eyes).
    Another surprise was the threat room of lich kings in the unreal cave. I lost a few stat points to them. I thought it could not be worse, but then I met the threat room of emperor liches, and they summoned great karmic wyrms
    My wizard had a fairly easy time in D50, although I note that Fistanarius can hit (and corrupt) even against 170 DV.

I liked a lot Magic Missile because it was powerful even in the late game and sometimes the only means for my Wizard to defeat some monsters (like great karmic wyrms) as I never trained in missile skills.
    Also liked Strength of Atlas for allowing me to pick up literally everything that dropped (I even took and sold a moloch armor).

Next time I will try to win with a barbarian!

Default summary file

Here is the summary file

meal.txt